PDA

View Full Version : auto to manual 850 t5r

volvo850t5r
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 14:37
well as so no i have sold my yellow 850t5r due to not beinging able to work iv found a green t5r estate auto thers no mot or tax and the geabox has packed up before i get it how hard is it to convert to maual what bits do you need to change is it a big job to do hopefull be a prodject for next year

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 14:48
theres a thread on here some where mate its a big ish job sub frame down clutch lines ,pedal box,torque converter,gear shift assembley,gearbox wiring etc if that any help lol

daza-b
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 14:53
well as so no i have sold my yellow 850t5r due to not beinging able to work iv found a green t5r estate auto thers no mot or tax and the geabox has packed up before i get it how hard is it to convert to maual what bits do you need to change is it a big job to do hopefull be a prodject for next year

it aint an overnight job, defiantly do-able but for the sake of it id stick with an auto and just grab a new box?? what is the auto box doing? what are the faults?

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 15:05
if its that one on ebay in devon looks not a bad car if it was bit closer id be intrested in it but the cheap ones never come up local to me lol

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 15:44
I still can't see the sense in the time & money expended on such a conversion There are plenty of manuals out there. Sell the auto & just buy the whole effin car!

BlackBeast
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 15:49
I still can't see the sense in the time & money expended on such a conversion There are plenty of manuals out there. Sell the auto & just buy the whole effin car!

With that kind of thinking, why didn't you just buy a car with a Quaife diff as standard ;)

daza-b
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 15:57
hahahaha

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 17:38
With that kind of thinking, why didn't you just buy a car with a Quaife diff as standard ;)
very true :P

Shadow
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 21:01
i changed mine from an auto to a manual my self. it took about me a day to strip the stuff from the scrapy (just butcherd it out) 2 days to strip the auto box from mine and about day and half to put it back together again. It not that difficult to do there just a lot to do.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 21:16
The best advice i can give you(having done it) is to buy a donor car as there are so many little bit's you need it's the easiest way.

Or even simpler ive got an auto box you can have for £100 :)

JezF
Thursday 24th November 2011, 17:09
I have most of the bits and it's a large list.

Drop Dooby a line or look at his thread on VOC as it's a step by step guide. He did his over a weekend, also had a donor car. Sone bits you need to buy new.