PDA

View Full Version : V70/850 Power Steering Pump

yamma1
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 20:01
I'm probably teaching grandma to suck eggs here but those of you tempted to fit an 850 power steering pump to your V70 after being told "they are the same" DON'T!! I probably should have asked the question here on the forum first but I got it for a song and although they look identical the 850 pump is about 2 eighths of an inch longer and when fitted throws out the belt. This I discovered after standing ankle deep in ATF fluid and coolant for about 2 hours last night only to discover after all my hard graft that it had to come back off AAARRGGHH!! Still if anybody wants a fully functioning 850 ps pump I've got one going cheap!!

cheers

Chris

thedrill
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:35
I'm probably teaching grandma to suck eggs here but those of you tempted to fit an 850 power steering pump to your V70 after being told "they are the same" DON'T!! I probably should have asked the question here on the forum first but I got it for a song and although they look identical the 850 pump is about 2 eighths of an inch longer and when fitted throws out the belt. This I discovered after standing ankle deep in ATF fluid and coolant for about 2 hours last night only to discover after all my hard graft that it had to come back off AAARRGGHH!! Still if anybody wants a fully functioning 850 ps pump I've got one going cheap!!

cheers

Chris

Isnt that Quarter of an inch :troutslap

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:45
Isnt that Quarter of an inch :troutslap
I think yer just being cruel now - LOL

yamma1
Thursday 18th August 2005, 08:24
Sorry - should have stuck to metric - not too clever on this imperial carry on - being a young pup an' all.