PDA

View Full Version : Sun visor clip

jefword
Monday 21st November 2011, 18:45
Hi, hope someone can help.

This part fell off my drivers side sun visor retaining clip the other day (2002 S60 T5).

I've tried to push it back in but it won't properly engage and falls back out.
Just wondered if anyone knew if this is actually broken and should be connected at one end to the other part which is fastened to the roof lining or if some other clip may have fallen out with it. Could be that there is a special technique to relocate it that I don't know about.

Thanks for any help.

http://i42.tinypic.com/25g77s7.jpg

LeeT5
Monday 21st November 2011, 18:47
Look on the plastic edges....see any jagged bits?? If so, it's broken.

Hope this helps.

jefword
Monday 21st November 2011, 18:58
The edge on the left in my picture looks like it may have snapped but it could be flashing from when it was moulded. I'm not sure, that's why I thought I would ask on here.

Thanks for the info. anyway.

LeeT5
Monday 21st November 2011, 23:19
The edge on the left in my picture looks like it may have snapped but it could be flashing from when it was moulded. I'm not sure, that's why I thought I would ask on here.

Thanks for the info. anyway.

Can't really see from the picture. Take another one of the piece you think is broke.

M-R-P
Monday 21st November 2011, 23:56
Re assemble it with the bracket, does it look like the one on the passenger side? if yes it's broke, if not, there's a bit missing ;)

jefword
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 14:07
Hi, Thanks all for your help but after removing the whole unit from the roof lining and checking with a dealer, it is broken.

Surprisingly a new one is only £1.30

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 14:11
cool! :):):)