PDA

View Full Version : S60R fog light

Nick0
Monday 21st November 2011, 10:52
Morning all,
Noticed I had a fog light out, went to remove it to check the bulb and it seems I've twisted and torn it out of it's rubber seal.

What are the instructions to remove the whole fog light so I can make it good?

Many thank in advance,
Nick0

LeeT5
Monday 21st November 2011, 18:51
Oh dear, mine did this two weeks ago and you will find the alloy parts inside are broken.

New Fog mate. Dealer only.

Nick0
Monday 21st November 2011, 23:45
First bit of luck i've had with the car (touches wood) - it wasn't quite broken - the three steel tabs that are bent into the alloy lamp housing were just intact so i could repair it (did you try araldite-ing yours back together?). Happy days saved me £50-£60.

A word of caution to all other readers, remove the whole unit (should only be two screws securing it raise the front of the car and look) DON'T TRY TWISTING THE BULB OUT AS THE OWNER'S MANUAL SUGGESTS!

Really crap "designed to break" bit of design, why oh why did they make this?!

LeeT5
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 17:02
First bit of luck i've had with the car (touches wood) - it wasn't quite broken - the three steel tabs that are bent into the alloy lamp housing were just intact so i could repair it (did you try araldite-ing yours back together?). Happy days saved me £50-£60.

A word of caution to all other readers, remove the whole unit (should only be two screws securing it raise the front of the car and look) DON'T TRY TWISTING THE BULB OUT AS THE OWNER'S MANUAL SUGGESTS!

Really crap "designed to break" bit of design, why oh why did they make this?!

...Actually, there should be three screws, not two. Mine has three on both sides.

I bought a new light as mine was in pieces and the light unit, rear, wasn't secure.

Be warned, a new light is £115 inc Vat and discount.

Nick0
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 17:06
...Actually, there should be three screws, not two. Mine has three on both sides.

Be warned, a new light is £115 inc Vat and discount.

Mine only had one holding it in on the near side (some plonker had attacked it before), I gave up trying to access the offside one as there is a water reservoir for the headlights in the way - it may be a bumper off job. There are genuine lights on Ebay for £50-£60. Whoever designed this should be shot.

LeeT5
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 17:29
Mine only had one holding it in on the near side (some plonker had attacked it before), I gave up trying to access the offside one as there is a water reservoir for the headlights in the way - it may be a bumper off job. There are genuine lights on Ebay for £50-£60. Whoever designed this should be shot.

Its alot easier with bumper off, although you don't need to full remove it. Two pairs of hands needed thou.

Braydon Motor company selling 'em for £55! Nice. Best i order the O/S then to match the N/S for light output.....+ fill 'em with HIDs! OOH YEAH!!!!