PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember R244 LNP ?

mr shifter
Monday 21st November 2011, 00:01
Hi, im just about to purchase a 1997 v70 t5 estate reg no: r 244 lnp . Apparantly it was bought off here approx 3 yrs ago from a lady forum mod? Can anybody shed some light on the car? Also it was apparantly remapped. Any info would be great.

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 07:42
the previous owner would of been MrsMopp then

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 07:49
looks like she's sold 3 in the past

LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17993)

LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11161)

LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=310)

Tomcat
Monday 21st November 2011, 09:07
Come back Moppy.....All is forgiven..lol.

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 09:09
Come back Moppy.....All is forgiven..lol.
atleast as a moderator she did something, unlike some ;) lol

Tomcat
Monday 21st November 2011, 09:25
Fanks....Mate...None taken...for now?

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 21st November 2011, 10:39
atleast as a moderator she did something, unlike some ;) lol

You mean we have mods :)

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 10:43
You mean we have mods :)
humour has it yes

mr shifter
Monday 21st November 2011, 11:11
Thanks guys, im impressed. Any idea what power increase the auto logic remap would give?
Thanks.

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 12:36
Thanks guys, im impressed. Any idea what power increase the auto logic remap would give?
Thanks.
between 260-280bhp is about the norma for a remap, i believe HLM are still selling those maps so he might be able to give you a more accurate number. I'd of also thought it would of been them that did your car in the first place, might even have a dynograph for it

mr shifter
Monday 21st November 2011, 12:56
HLM? how do i contact him/them?
Thanks.

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 12:59
HLM? how do i contact him/them?
Thanks.
LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/member.php?u=193). It is only a guess that they did the work

mr shifter
Monday 21st November 2011, 13:30
Pmd him.

tim15888
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 18:51
Are you talking about a guy called Hamish? Spoke to him last week about mapping mine and he knows his stuff. Unfortunately he's about 5000000000 miles away from me so I'm taking it to another renowned place called "Chip Wizards" round the corner from me for mine on Thursday. I know it sounds like a chip tuners with the name but it's a full blown remap rollig road etc. If it turnes out well then everyone will hear about it... if it doesn't then no more will probably be said haha.

p fandango
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 18:56
Are you talking about a guy called Hamish? Spoke to him last week about mapping mine and he knows his stuff. Unfortunately he's about 5000000000 miles away from me so I'm taking it to another renowned place called "Chip Wizards" round the corner from me for mine on Thursday. I know it sounds like a chip tuners with the name but it's a full blown remap rollig road etc. If it turnes out well then everyone will hear about it... if it doesn't then no more will probably be said haha.
Hamish will post you a mapped ECU

tim15888
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 19:04
Serious? He never mentioned that to me when I told him how far away I was, but then it won't be set up 100% for my car and would probably need tweeking anyway. What about key coding? I hear that if you take the last 4 pins off the chip then it takes the immobalizer off. Don't know how true that is though cos' there's alot of bull**** info flying round. Best thing is not to trust any of it until you descover things for yourself...

T5frankie
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 19:11
Serious? He never mentioned that to me when I told him how far away I was, but then it won't be set up 100% for my car and would probably need tweeking anyway. What about key coding? I hear that if you take the last 4 pins off the chip then it takes the immobalizer off. Don't know how true that is though cos' there's alot of bull**** info flying round. Best thing is not to trust any of it until you descover things for yourself...

it's not a custom map its a generic map for your car that he has done hundreds of times, and thats the price for the map not tweaking etc

tim15888
Tuesday 22nd November 2011, 19:25
I know it's a generic map, from Sweeden I think he said, but he told me that he tweeks it when he does it, I asked him about removing the rear lamba from the program cos' I havn't got a catalyst in and he said he could do that durig the tweek process.... If it's a generic map I could just get the chip off him and put it in myself, already tried that once though and got scammed cos' it didn't work... Had to unsolder it all back off and put the origeonal one back!