PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Cylinder 850/v70

GreenMachine
Sunday 20th November 2011, 22:54
Anyone have any strong views about the different clutch slave cylinder setup's,

Anyone had bad experiences with the plastic centrifugal one's?

are the pressure plate fingers a different shape? and are the thrust bearings a different shape?

nobananas
Monday 21st November 2011, 08:39
Anyone have any strong views about the different clutch slave cylinder setup's,

Anyone had bad experiences with the plastic centrifugal one's?

are the pressure plate fingers a different shape? and are the thrust bearings a different shape?

The only problem with concentric slaves is that if they start to leak you obviously have to drop the box to replace it. If you were thinking about changing your external one to a concentric forget it the V70 boxes are slightly different to the 850 boxes and won't accept one (the same is true the other way round, you can't fit an external slave to a later box without machine work on the box). I have a C70 box in my 850 running a concentric slave with the standard 850 clutch so no there isn't any differences in the clutches. You will however have to modify the pipe work slightly if you intend to fit a late box with concentric slave in an 850 but it isn't a difficult job.

p fandango
Monday 21st November 2011, 08:58
The only problem with concentric slaves is that if they start to leak you obviously have to drop the box to replace it
i've seen it happen a few times as well

Dangerous Dave
Monday 21st November 2011, 09:08
Volvo did a retrofit kit for the concentric slave cylinder. It involved drilling and tapping new bolt holes in the bell housing. Apparently the CSC was fitted to reduce clutch judder and make the pedal lighter.

GreenMachine
Monday 21st November 2011, 21:10
I have a C70 box in my 850 running a concentric slave with the standard 850 clutch

thx nobananas Its good to hear someone has had success with this in an 850,

I did the same to mine a few years ago but unfortunately the gearbox I put in must have been from an accident write off as the casing was cracked. I keep on topping it up but its time to change it again, I've always had a bit of noise at tick over whilst stationary which can be silenced by pressing the clutch letting it out slowly I think the pressure plate must be damaged. -