PDA

View Full Version : How much oil does engine take

dublint5
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:30
Did oil and filter change and coolant flush on the 855r about 2 weeks ago used the full 5 litres and oil level was spot on after.

Car has not been driven since but started a couple of times a week and left run for about 20 mins.

Checked oil today and its well down below halfway on dip stick and no obvious oil leeks no oil in rad/ expansion tank.

so just wondering how much oil does the engine use for a oil change is it over the 5 litres .

daza-b
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:34
Did oil and filter change and coolant flush on the 855r about 2 weeks ago used the full 5 litres and oil level was spot on after.

Car has not been driven since but started a couple of times a week and left run for about 20 mins.

Checked oil today and its well down below halfway on dip stick and no obvious oil leeks no oil in rad/ expansion tank.

so just wondering how much oil does the engine use for a oil change is it over the 5 litres .

when you changed the oil and filter did you run it before checking level?

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:38
i thought it was either 5.6 or 5.9 litres capacity

dublint5
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:50
Yeah checked ran it before checking level.

If its 5.6 or 5.9 litres that explains it i only put 5 litres in so need to top it up.
will top it up tommorrow run it for a while then leave it for a couple of days and then recheck.

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 18:22
Turbo (3)
Without Oil Cooler ........................ 5.6 Qts. (5.3L)
With Oil Cooler ........................... 6.5 Qts. (6.2L)

AndysR
Thursday 17th November 2011, 19:43
I sometimes find that the oil level can look lower than it really is if you've done a very short run and then check the oil shortly afterwards. I tend to leave mine on a level surface before I check it and usually after it's been sat for a day or so, tbh it gets checked everytime just before I drive it everytime.... Yes I know...

Phil B
Friday 2nd December 2011, 22:53
When you do the change, run the engine for about 10-15 secs then check and top it up, once you run it round the engine and fill up the filter the level with naturally drop depending on engine and filter size.

Best to check it with the engine cold too if you check later.

Kingsford G
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 03:53
When you do the change, run the engine for about 10-15 secs then check and top it up, once you run it round the engine and fill up the filter the level with naturally drop depending on engine and filter size.

Best to check it with the engine cold too if you check later.

As above and you can check the level in 3-4min as long as the engine is warm and just double check next day when cold.