PDA

View Full Version : dump valve

donny
Thursday 17th November 2011, 14:36
i know dump valves are not to everyones taste but iv been trying to get one for my d5,but no joy.does anyone know if and were i can get hold of one from??.

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 15:02
you can't fit a dump valve to a diesel

T5frankie
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:56

vag cars have had dump valves

daza-b
Thursday 17th November 2011, 17:11
vag cars have had dump valves

thats true i had a dump valve on my VW Golf 1.9TDi

Dave86
Thursday 17th November 2011, 17:53
Dump valves themselves are universal. easiest thing to do is buy one from forge or Bailey then measure the internal diameter of the intake pipe you where you want to put it and buy a dump valve fitting kit from the likes of www.autosiliconehoses.com and just cut into the standard hose and jubilee clip it in place job done.

tim15888
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 01:20

Course you can, it's simple, just differet cos' a derv has no throttle body. To work the dump valve you need to tap into a vac pipe and fit a vac solonoid to your tapped off vac pipe, then fit the vac pipe coming from your solonoid to the vac side of the dv... You then need to wire a normally open switch to the vac solonoid, and place it usually on the injector pump, where the butterfly will hit it as you let off closing the switch, opening the vac solonoid therefor opening the dv and giving you that gay ptssssssss that we all seem to like for some reason... I'm guilty of it too. If it's a commonrail derv system it's the same but cos' there is no injector pump, and often no throttle cable, you put the switch so the accelorator pedal hits it upon return. Hope this has cleared that one up.

p fandango
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 06:10
Course you can, it's simple, just differet cos' a derv has no throttle body. To work the dump valve you need to tap into a vac pipe and fit a vac solonoid to your tapped off vac pipe, then fit the vac pipe coming from your solonoid to the vac side of the dv... You then need to wire a normally open switch to the vac solonoid, and place it usually on the injector pump, where the butterfly will hit it as you let off closing the switch, opening the vac solonoid therefor opening the dv and giving you that gay ptssssssss that we all seem to like for some reason... I'm guilty of it too. If it's a commonrail derv system it's the same but cos' there is no injector pump, and often no throttle cable, you put the switch so the accelorator pedal hits it upon return. Hope this has cleared that one up.
last i'd heard it wasn't possible, but i suppose where theirs a Halfords theirs a way lol

tim15888
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 19:49
Haha, it's possible, just not via the conventional method. Easy on cars with an injector pump but a little more complex with comon rail systems as they are usually totally electronic with no throttle cable, and therefor nothing under the bonnet that moves with the throttle. In this case you would need to place the switch so it is struck by the pedal itself as it returns. Do you get what I mean? You need a switch linked to a vac solonoid which tapped off any other vac pipe under the bonnet to the vac side of the dump valve. Basically it works similar but you are controlling the vacuum that opens the valve electronically...