PDA

View Full Version : Another job done

dublint5
Thursday 17th November 2011, 12:48
Well thats the fuel filter changed today so another job out of the way. Plugs will be done after weekend. Drivers alloy going off to be fixed in the morn as the is a slight buckle in it so should be fixed for after weekend.

Only 2 1/2 weeks till it goes back on the road cant wait just need to pay the road tax at the end of the month 290 euro for 3 months.

How much is the road tax in the uk ???

daza-b
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:29
Well thats the fuel filter changed today so another job out of the way. Plugs will be done after weekend. Drivers alloy going off to be fixed in the morn as the is a slight buckle in it so should be fixed for after weekend.

Only 2 1/2 weeks till it goes back on the road cant wait just need to pay the road tax at the end of the month 290 euro for 3 months.

How much is the road tax in the uk ???

€290 for 3 months?!?!! wtf!! its £118 ish for 6 months here!

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:33
i've already got a fuel filter, but really putting off doing it (only been on hold 2years so far lol). Is it that bad a job? Or do you fancy coming to Coventry to do mine, i'll get you a beer in lol

M-R-P
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:40
Pedro, really? You do all that stuff to BT but put off a fuel filter change? Tut tut!

Tax for the big sweed is 260 quid a year! Ouch :(

M-R-P
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:53
Isn't fuel duty added to road tax in some euro countrys? I'm pretty sure something adds to it.

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 15:13
Pedro, really? You do all that stuff to BT but put off a fuel filter change? Tut tut!
putting new stuff on is easy, its getting the old rust bits off i don't like lol

dublint5
Thursday 17th November 2011, 15:31
Fuel filter wasnt to bad a job think it must has been replaced within last couple of year

maybe be a bit far to head to coventry from cavan just to do filter change even with cheap flights lol

Road tax for the year for volvo is just under 1200 euros on the plus side managed to get fully comp insurance for 320euro a year

Think our petrol is cheaper here on average £1.25 a litre

AndysR
Thursday 17th November 2011, 21:21
Fuel filter wasnt to bad a job think it must has been replaced within last couple of year

maybe be a bit far to head to coventry from cavan just to do filter change even with cheap flights lol

Road tax for the year for volvo is just under 1200 euros on the plus side managed to get fully comp insurance for 320euro a year

Think our petrol is cheaper here on average £1.25 a litre

Initially I thought ouch when looking at your annual road tax but then I thought about it.

I do approximately 3,500 miles a year in my 850, I'd say on average it achieves a combined figure of 25mpg and the road tax currently is £215.00 p/a with V-Power currently selling at £6.49 in my local Shell. Based on those figures I'd save a total of £695.00 a year in fuel/tax by doing that sort of mileage in the UK. It also basically means that even with our higher fuel charges to make it break even with your annual tax charge I'd have to do a further 2,700 miles a year.

However if I did more than 6,200 miles in the UK it would be cheaper to do the same in Ireland based on a car that averages 25 mpg so for the average motorist even with your higher road tax charges it's still cheaper than the UK to drive a car in Ireland because of our obscene fuel duty.

Useless food for thought :)

glock19
Friday 18th November 2011, 00:17
What the price difference between Premium petrol and Regular ? I have one of my car tuned (chipped) to using regular petrol (RON 95), boosting 1.0 bar, albeit slightly lower ignition timing and it's still a rocket compared to others, No knocking and fuel return is 27 mpg on the highway. It's an auto by the way.

So for those on the move, this should be a consideration.

M-R-P
Friday 18th November 2011, 00:29
Where are you, Glock? (I''m guessing not UK) Our 95ron is £1.29.9, the super is £1.23.9 ;)

glock19
Friday 18th November 2011, 01:07
You are right, not in the UK... :D
Was under British rule for some time though, so now a commonwealth country in Asia.

Very odd on the fuel prices. Our Ron 95 is GBP 0.38 / liter and Ron 97/98 is GBP 0.58
If in gallons (4 liters) then it's RON 95 £1.52 and RON97/98 £2.32
A fifty percent increase from 95-97 :(

AndysR
Friday 18th November 2011, 19:13
You are right, not in the UK... :D
Was under British rule for some time though, so now a commonwealth country in Asia.

Very odd on the fuel prices. Our Ron 95 is GBP 0.38 / liter and Ron 97/98 is GBP 0.58
If in gallons (4 liters) then it's RON 95 £1.52 and RON97/98 £2.32
A fifty percent increase from 95-97 :(

Now your just taking the mickey... £2.32 for a gallon of super :(

M-R-P
Friday 18th November 2011, 19:58
Ruined my bloody night, that has!

yoda
Friday 18th November 2011, 20:48
Whaaaaaaaaaat!?

dublint5
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 00:54
Well thats the plugs done this morning, still havent got alloy wheel fixed hopefully in morn.

So far done oil and filter, fuel filter, coolant change and flush, and plugs air filter only done about 1500 miles ago..

Was looking at one of the ripspeed cone air filters in halfords today anyone had one of these before are they any good.

AndysR
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 00:59
Nice, still making steady progress now with another job to knock off the list. Not had much experience with the Ripspeed stuff so can't really comment.

jayeastanglia
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 07:30
need to ask yourself whats the average wage in asia compared to the uk as well...as if its much lower then fuel per wage may be about the same..

p fandango
Wednesday 23rd November 2011, 07:54
Was looking at one of the ripspeed cone air filters in halfords today anyone had one of these before are they any good.
i had a ripspeed enclosed cone & not very impressed, badly made & no thought gone into the design. I'd stick with Pipercross personally