PDA

View Full Version : What code reader

bigrotch
Thursday 17th November 2011, 09:03
HI im after a code reader either to buy or borrow to read 1995 850 obd2 tryed (flying mooses) last weekend and it wouldnt read it so any ideas please peeps

M-R-P
Thursday 17th November 2011, 10:38
Mine will be going with me to the Ace Cafe meet if that's any help?
I read Vinto's early P1 V70 (struggled a bit) and cleared all codes and warning lights ;)

Niles
Thursday 17th November 2011, 10:38
Howdy mate. click the link then make one of these. It will work. I made 1 and its the only reader that will work for sure. Parts should set you back a mind bending £1.50.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83897

bigrotch
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:18
Hi niles I made one of them and tried it today allwas goin well had led on but soon as u put ignition into correct position it dosnt do anything ggggrrr

Niles
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:44
put the 2 wire bit into port position 3 (thats the 3rd from the top left of your obd port), then put the positive feed into port 16 (thats the bottom right pin), then stick the 'dipper wire' into port 5 (5th from the top left corner) for appx 1 second. You must make a clean 1 hit 'prod'. LED should only light when you put the dipper wire in.
Dip it for 1 second. Count the flashes. Then again until the codes start repeating.
When you have all the codes dip the dipper in for a constant clean 5-6 seconds. The led will then light, dip the dipper back in for another 5 or 6 seconds. Remove dipper wire. You should hear the engine/ecu/ICV 'purge'. Ignition off. Ignition on again. Should rid the codes. You can do this to port 4 too. Think thats the abs.
I've had mine for ages and still sometimes cant pull the codes clean first time.

Using that homemade reader i pulled and cleared the codes on Shreks car last week.

bigrotch
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:47
I'll give it another go thanks mate

Niles
Saturday 19th November 2011, 01:50
I'll give it another go thanks mate

Any joy mate?

bigrotch
Saturday 19th November 2011, 08:04
No mate keep on poping my LEDs must have wrong voltage leds

Niles
Saturday 19th November 2011, 10:37