PDA

View Full Version : S60R splash tray beneath engine

Nick0
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 16:36
Afternoon All,

I've now had my 2006/55 45,000 mile S60R for a couple of months.

When I bought it, I thought I remembered it having a splash tray underneath the engine, after it went for service and shock absorber replacement it now definitely doesn't!

VIDA says it should not have one, and FRF Volvo confirmed that it should not have one (by using the chassis number).

Am I deluded?! Do any of your cars have the plastic splash tray fitted?

A confoozed,

Nick0

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 18:43
Afternoon All,

I've now had my 2006/55 45,000 mile S60R for a couple of months.

When I bought it, I thought I remembered it having a splash tray underneath the engine, after it went for service and shock absorber replacement it now definitely doesn't!

VIDA says it should not have one, and FRF Volvo confirmed that it should not have one (by using the chassis number).

Am I deluded?! Do any of your cars have the plastic splash tray fitted?

A confoozed,

Nick0

S60R/V70R do not have a underbelly tray fitted as oe, so you never had one and if you thought you had one then you imagined it!!

Forget what VIDA/VADIS says, Get yourself down the dealers and purchase an Aluminium underbelly tray. It protects ALL the vitals and has special cooling vents to direct air to the rear of the engine and cool the transfer box.
Worth its weight in gold and its cheap at just over a £100. I have one and it really does come recommended.

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 19:37
Protecting plate - part # 9451784. £128 inc vat.

M-R-P
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 20:34
Mine's got one...

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 20:40
Mine's got one...

Plastic or Aluminium Martin? AFAIK only the Rs didn't have a belly plate due to the Bevel box and awd setup. Think Volvo were worried about overheating the units?? If yours is plastic then thats ok. It's not an option on the Rs, i know that much.

M-R-P
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 20:51
Plastic mate :)
Nice to see something's normal on my motor!

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 20:55
Plastic mate :)
Nice to see something's normal on my motor!

I see. Worth getting an Ally one dude!

M-R-P
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 22:50
When it comes to having 120 quid to spend on the car, there would be a few things I'd get first mate ;)

Pauld
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 22:52
More like £160 now

Mine was fitted a couple of weeks ago.

How can they justify 160 for a large piece of formed aluminium with ducts, and 60ish for a mirror glass?

M-R-P
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 22:54
More like £160 now

Mine was fitted a couple of weeks ago.

How can they justify 160 for a large piece of formed aluminium with ducts, and 60ish for a mirror glass?

£735 for a bloody speedo!
No no no, I'm not gonna go into one about the bloody DIM again!

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 22:55
When it comes to having 120 quid to spend on the car, there would be a few things I'd get first mate ;)

True, but i wouldn't fancy £350 for a new sump!!

M-R-P
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 23:06
True, but i wouldn't fancy £350 for a new sump!!

Agreed but I'm not likely to go offroad any time soon and the 20mm plod lift kit, speedramps aren't too much of a worry ;)

LeeT5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 23:41
20mm plod lift kit, ;)

???

Nick0
Thursday 17th November 2011, 12:48
Mine's got one...

Is your car a S60R Martin?

M-R-P
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:07
???
Some plod spec have modded suspension to cope with cones and signs etc. Jacks the back up about 20mm.

Is your car a S60R Martin?

No mate, see sig.

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:28
our D5's had a small tray piece between the front bumper & the subframe. When i came to change Bonny's intercooler i never got round to putting it back on, so everytime my old man looked in my boot & seen it i got the lecture "you need that, Volvo didn't put it there for nothing". Came to changing the oil on his D5 & the tray was already missing, oh the fun i'm having now lol

M-R-P
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:32
our D5's had a small tray piece between the front bumper & the subframe. When i came to change Bonny's intercooler i never got round to putting it back on, so everytime my old man looked in my boot & seen it i got the lecture "you need that, Volvo didn't put it there for nothing". Came to changing the oil on his D5 & the tray was already missing, oh the fun i'm having now lol

Offer to sell him yours, since you got one kicking about in your boot :)

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 13:35
Offer to sell him yours, since you got one kicking about in your boot :)
i said he could have it (i'm a nice bloke see lol) but didn't want it, so i started on the "you need it, Volvo didn't put it there for nothing" paybacks lol. Think its in the garage somewhere now

LeeT5
Friday 18th November 2011, 07:48

All V70/S60s inc Rs have those. Just checked and mine has it also. Held at the front by two clips and two 10mm bolts at the sides.

The Uprated springs on the rear were fitted by plod to cope with the extra weight in the rear as you said, but that won't save your front end! AFAIK they never changed the front springs aswell.