PDA

View Full Version : remapped t5's

BigDave_T5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 13:00
hi guys

just woundering if anyone has had a remap done by stuart at sw-autos?
anyone know which map he uses or are they his own? what are peoples veiws on them?

also ive changed the turbo for a 15g to 16t as the 15 had blown. but the cars still smoking alot, its not the pcv as this has been removed and a catch tank has replaced it all.

cheers for any help dave

Ross63
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 13:42
Did you clean the intercooler out when you changed the turbo? If not, it will be full of oil, hence the smoke.

smithy
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 14:18
hi guys

just woundering if anyone has had a remap done by stuart at sw-autos?
anyone know which map he uses or are they his own? what are peoples veiws on them?

also ive changed the turbo for a 15g to 16t as the 15 had blown. but the cars still smoking alot, its not the pcv as this has been removed and a catch tank has replaced it all.

cheers for any help dave

get hlm map mate 150 pounds and the ecu is done threw the post ,and you will not be disapointed mate,01527577710 speak to hamish tell him smithy sent you .got to get some browny points some how lol

BigDave_T5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 14:20
Hi yes cleaned the intercooler out and everything else.
Its all clean and yet its still smoking, i thought it was the pcv thats why the catch tank was fitted.
From what ive read on the forum it could be the oil control piston ring, ive done a compression test and the engine was 163psi across the first 3 and 161psi across the last 2 pistons. Which is better than volvo give as standard so ive been told.

Anyone else got this problem? If the compression is so gd can the oil rings still go?

smithy
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 14:24
Hi yes cleaned the intercooler out and everything else.
Its all clean and yet its still smoking, i thought it was the pcv thats why the catch tank was fitted.
From what ive read on the forum it could be the oil control piston ring, ive done a compression test and the engine was 163psi across the first 3 and 161psi across the last 2 pistons. Which is better than volvo give as standard so ive been told.

Anyone else got this problem? If the compression is so gd can the oil rings still go?

valve steam seals ,piston oil control ring ,or your turbo but check intercooler for oil and piping too.

Shadow
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 14:31
the exhaust will still have some oil in it. just wait till about 1:00 it the morning and give some on an empty road or motorway:)

BigDave_T5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 14:36
Gone and given it a bloody leathering so its not the exhaust and the intercooler pipes are spotless.
Its starting to bug me now, think ill jist take the head off when the tax is up :(

p fandango
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 15:12
SW Autos maps used to be written by a member on the forums called Bobcat, that was a few years ago & not even sure how much SW has to do with Volvo's as i know he's gone Jap now

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 15:29
I had a sw map on mine for a while and was very happy with it think he still does the volvo maps

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 18:15
I had a sw map on mine for a while and was very happy with it think he still does the volvo maps

His dyno room is now used for storage from what I saw when I was there. I don't think he does much tuning now. Spoke to one of the techs and he said there's more money in parts and servicing. Shame really as it's only up the road from me!!

T5frankie
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 18:18
ED has had an sw autos map

Nealevo
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 18:33
HLM fitted a new 16T turbo as my 15g went bang, I had a bit of smoke for a bit after, but it soon cleared after a few high speed runs, I also had a HLM 304 remap at the same time and it really flys now!!!!

T5frankie
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 18:36
when i changed my turbo from an 18t to a 19t it smoked for a fair few miles but did clear out

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 21:25
ED has had an sw autos map

i had EDs map off him i liked it when i had a few probs with the ecu not the map on it stuart from sw said send the ecu and they would reprograme the eprom if it was at fault never got around to sending it off gota rica instead lol but from what i could gather he can still map 850s hamish aint a fan of the bobcat maps think he said some thing about fueling being to rich but like i said i liked mine lol