PDA

View Full Version : how do i tune a 2.5 20v non turbo

t5_r monster
Saturday 18th December 2004, 20:26
:thewave: ..hi all just got the missus a 850 2.5 20v non turbo . can anyone tell me please how do i make it go much quicker without adding a turbo ,all hints welcome thnx :thewave:

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 18th December 2004, 20:33
not sure if you can get the ecu upgarded on yours. Either way an exhaust & an air filter will help it out

t5_r monster
Saturday 18th December 2004, 20:42
not sure if you can get the ecu upgarded on yours. Either way an exhaust & an air filter will help it out
hi thanks for your help .can you please tell me which air box i should get maybe...as my mate has drilled his air box and has a s/s system..should i drill my box or would that do no good :thewave:

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 18th December 2004, 21:22
can you please tell me which air box i should
now thats a good question, J (the forum owner) says drill the standard airbox, others say don't just get an aftermarket element for it while i prefer either a cone filter or canister filter (but thats purely a noise related choice)

Murphy
Sunday 19th December 2004, 11:14
hi thanks for your help .can you please tell me which air box i should get maybe...as my mate has drilled his air box and has a s/s system..should i drill my box or would that do no good :thewave:

I know from personal experience how nice these cars sound. I would simply get a panel filter (various aftermarket available) and a cat back 2.5" stainless. They are quick enough as is, and just need to amplify that 5 pot a touch more. If you serch for my thread in general chat on the 2.5 20v i review the car from the perspective of a T5 300 owner :)

Bracer
Monday 20th December 2004, 11:07
:thewave: ..hi all just got the missus a 850 2.5 20v non turbo . can anyone tell me please how do i make it go much quicker without adding a turbo ,all hints welcome thnx :thewave:

Tow it with a T5 :eek:

:hidesbehi

BigLee
Tuesday 21st December 2004, 22:01
IMO & experience I wouldn`t waste your money on exhausts & filters as they don`t work as a tuning aid (very much if at all), replace them when they`re worn but not to make it go faster!

Tomcat
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 00:23
I've just replaced my standard element with a K&N filter and although my filter wasn't really that dirty, it has made a hell of a difference in the responce from the engine. All that and I got it cheap off ebay yipeee!. :)