PDA

View Full Version : need help with my 850r

j scott
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 19:05
i,ve been having trouble i got a o2 light on changed o2 sensor and air flow meter claered fault but comes back on after a mile or so a garage has put it on there computer and cant find any faults it also keeps shutting off the boost can anybody help please

Volvostorm
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 19:12
Alot of code readers can't read the 850, as the OBD isn't 100% compatible

What reg is your car?

j scott
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 19:15
its on a p plate 96

Niles
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 19:18
go to read this via the link below. Make 1. It WILL work. My 850R manual shows codes and can be reset/code's erased with this.
This is the ONLY code reader I've found that WILL work.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83897

t5 stealth
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 20:13
possible air leak ?

merc85
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 21:00
i,ve been having trouble i got a o2 light on changed o2 sensor and air flow meter claered fault but comes back on after a mile or so a garage has put it on there computer and cant find any faults it also keeps shutting off the boost can anybody help please

Snap On Launch should be able to read it.

glock19
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 00:08

You need to be aware that when the CEL (Check Engine Light) is triggered, the display is through the Lambda lamp (or O2). It does not mean the O2 sensor or MAF is faulty. Air leaks, TPS, CPS, EGR, etc could trigger the CEL.

If your boost is limited, I think the ECU is operating in Limp Home Mode. A multitude of factors can cause this but go for the easy DIY parts first, eg. air hoses, intercooler hoses, etc. The escalation should end up along the paths of fuel injectors (running rich) or even the ECU itself.

j scott
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 11:09
Thanks for the replys I'm sick of garages saying there computer will read my car and then don't will check all hoses on the weekend

woody
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 11:21
3 years ago, my old girl kept slipping in and out of limp mode then started behaving itself. A few months later the MAF completely packed up!