PDA

View Full Version : Remap

tim15888
Monday 14th November 2011, 21:48
Does anyone know of anyone who has experiance of mapping T5's? Preferably in the North West and not too expensive! It's a late P1 fly by wire. I've been onto two local mobile remap guys and both told me that my car has a rare ECU which the police ordered when the origionally bought it, and that a remap on it can't be done, but I don't believe them and would like more poke. It has a 16T turbo with a few mods here and there, not sure what power I'm running at the moment but will hopefully find out in the near futere when I take it to the local rolling road.

Thanks, Tim.

daza-b
Monday 14th November 2011, 21:58
Does anyone know of anyone who has experiance of mapping T5's? Preferably in the North West and not too expensive! It's a late P1 fly by wire. I've been onto two local mobile remap guys and both told me that my car has a rare ECU which the police ordered when the origionally bought it, and that a remap on it can't be done, but I don't believe them and would like more poke. It has a 16T turbo with a few mods here and there, not sure what power I'm running at the moment but will hopefully find out in the near futere when I take it to the local rolling road.

Thanks, Tim.
is it ex police? because what i have heard about ex plod t5s is that they have an uprated ecu anyway

tim15888
Monday 14th November 2011, 22:21
Yea that's what I mean. Most of them don't but some do. Mainly armed response and ambulance ones to cope with the extra weight. I want someone who can map it a bit further if possible.

M-R-P
Monday 14th November 2011, 22:41
Some companies will take your ecu out, bugger about with it and put it back. Your thread has me worried now, mine's ex-plod and has quite a nice map on it already but I too was thinking about a remap...

tim15888
Monday 14th November 2011, 22:53
Do you know what ind of power it's putting out? Was it on Armed response?

M-R-P
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:10
Do you know what ind of power it's putting out? Was it on Armed response?

No, Traffic car. Main stealer says it has a 850R style overboost when you stamp the loud pedal. Ecu software was updated when I had the DIM changed and I thought I lost the plod map but now it's come back with a vengeance.

Standard, it's 247bhp, wouldn't like to estimate what it is, there's so many conflicting opinions but it destroys a golf R32 between 50 and, ummmm +10% of the national speed limit ;)

tim15888
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:21
Who updated the software? Still not up on the short hand but what's DIM short for lol?

M-R-P
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:24
Who updated the software? Still not up on the short hand but what's DIM short for lol?

Drivers Information Module or speedo to us normal people. ONLY a Volvo dealership can replace and recode it. They plumb your car in and reset codes, warnings etc while they're at it. Bloody good thing too since it cost me £735!

Been ranting about the DIM thing for some time now - still all bitter and twisted about it!
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37519

Nathlm
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:52
Drivers Information Module or speedo to us normal people. ONLY a Volvo dealership can replace and recode it. They plumb your car in and reset codes, warnings etc while they're at it. Bloody good thing too since it cost me £735!

Been ranting about the DIM thing for some time now - still all bitter and twisted about it!
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37519

Don't panic the Police have never used remaped T5's and FYI we are NOT a Volvo Dealership and we CAN reprogramme your DIM and any other Module using our VIDA and we a usually alot cheaper than the dealers.

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:14
Don't panic the Police have never used remaped T5's and FYI we are NOT a Volvo Dealership and we CAN reprogramme your DIM and any other Module using our VIDA and we a usually alot cheaper than the dealers.

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

What's a remap gonna cost me then Nat?

The stealership were convinced somethin had been done to my car, I'm happy to believe someone who knows but it doesn't react like they reckon it should, much more aggressive apparently.

tim15888
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:29

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

That's what I was told by my mate who breaks Volvo's and has had loads of them,.. till he drove mine. It says something about performance enhancement in the paper work aswell apparently but I never picked it up when I bought the car off my boss who scoured the country for the one with this particular ECU on it and ended up going to a place in Birmingham for it. Not sure on the full story but it's supposed to be either 265 or 280bhp rather than 240, can't remember which one though. In my eperiance it's always been noticably quicker than every other T5 I've ever raced even before the mods I put on. It was an armed response car with Kevlar bullet proofing in its day so would have weighed the same as a small church...

tim15888
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:30
Can you do re-maps by the way? I've got pics of the inside of my ECU if that helps...

tim15888
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:32
im gay

tim15888
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:38
^ Really need to stop leaving VPCUK on in arms liength of the Mrs when I go for a p1ss.

wegal
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 10:21
Too funny :-)

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 10:27
That's what I was told by my mate who breaks Volvo's and has had loads of them,.. till he drove mine. It says something about performance enhancement in the paper work aswell apparently but I never picked it up when I bought the car off my boss who scoured the country for the one with this particular ECU on it and ended up going to a place in Birmingham for it. Not sure on the full story but it's supposed to be either 265 or 280bhp rather than 240, can't remember which one though. In my eperiance it's always been noticably quicker than every other T5 I've ever raced even before the mods I put on. It was an armed response car with Kevlar bullet proofing in its day so would have weighed the same as a small church...
There was a bit ox excitement at the main stealer when they first had a look at mine. I also have a rather vague service/mod sheet from Liecestershire plod listing repairs and alterations and there a re 2 entrys, 3 weeks apart simply saying "engine modify" Got brown injectors too.

im gay
LOL

^ Really need to stop leaving VPCUK on in arms liength of the Mrs when I go for a p1ss.
Wait till she leaves her facebook page unguarded ;)

LiamT4
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 16:15
im gay

Hilarious:lol:

Theres loads of rumours going around about police modifying there cars, but theres so many different forces who knows.

I thought it was mainly brakes, suspension, alternators, that type of thing.

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 16:25
Mine's gotta lift kit too - sits there with her arse in the air like a horny cat!

tim15888
Thursday 24th November 2011, 23:36
Haha, they do have self levellers on the back which makes them look like a female cat on heat, but I took mine off when lowered it. I can now seem to clear up that Hamish is correct, and it is a myth that plod cars are chipped. Went to the rolling road today to get a remap done, which couldn't be done for various reasons until either I get a new ECU or go all the way to Birmingham for Hamish to do it via the ODBII port, not decided which one I'm going for yet but I will decide soon as I am intent on having it done. My plod car was sold as having engine mods too by RICA but I think it was made up by the place that origeonally bought it from the Police as unfortunately RICA have never heard of my reg or chassis number. Also unfortunately when I was going to get my remap this morning, I had a missfire upon startup which knocked the engine light on, so I had to reset my ECU. Whenever I reset my ECU it runs like a bag of **** for about 100 miles until it sets itself up, today was no exception and was running like this when I got there and put it on the rollers. I partly blame this for my dissapointing 237.5bhp. It was still running like a bag of hard turds the have been run over by a steam roller, (Flat as fack), when I brought it home tonight which is a propper wind-up as I was curious to what it is really putting out when it's running right, as I have beaten alot of cars in races that I really shouldn't have....

M-R-P
Thursday 24th November 2011, 23:47
Haha, they do have self levellers on the back which makes them look like a female cat on heat, but I took mine off when lowered it. I can now seem to clear up that Hamish is correct, and it is a myth that plod cars are chipped. Went to the rolling road today to get a remap done, which couldn't be done for various reasons until either I get a new ECU or go all the way to Birmingham for Hamish to do it via the ODBII port, not decided which one I'm going for yet but I will decide soon as I am intent on having it done. My plod car was sold as having engine mods too by RICA but I think it was made up by the place that origeonally bought it from the Police as unfortunately RICA have never heard of my reg or chassis number. Also unfortunately when I was going to get my remap this morning, I had a missfire upon startup which knocked the engine light on, so I had to reset my ECU. Whenever I reset my ECU it runs like a bag of **** for about 100 miles until it sets itself up, today was no exception and was running like this when I got there and put it on the rollers. I partly blame this for my dissapointing 237.5bhp. It was still running like a bag of hard turds the have been run over by a steam roller, (Flat as fack), when I brought it home tonight which is a propper wind-up as I was curious to what it is really putting out when it's running right, as I have beaten alot of cars in races that I really shouldn't have....

Hmmm, local stealer are full of ££££? yeah I believe it to be honest. they got all excited after they had my car for a while and said that it had overboost and an aggressive map. But then, their idea of a T-5 is a 4 pot!
Still, she humiliates golf R32s from 50 to ummmm 10% of the speed limit ;)
Lift kit on mine isn't self leveling shocks, no wire, and it sags (a bit) when loaded. There's a mod (I've seen it on VADIS) that lifts and strengthens the rear end. Wanna get it put back to normal tho, skips out on fast, bumpy bends...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Gartell%20meet/DSCF6892.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Gartell%20meet/DSCF6885.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Gartell%20meet/DSCF6882.jpg
See how high mine sits, against Porcine Aviator's car.

tim15888
Thursday 24th November 2011, 23:55
Yea it's self levellers mate, they're not out special, just a strongly pre-loaded shocker that is set to sit at a certain place. No wires or pipes going too them. They look like normal ones but they have a gator over the ram, and are bigger that's all. Mine eats R32's aswell from 50, and keeps up with them off them mark (in the dry) To be honest the golf Gti's are almost as quick as an R32 off the line in the real world, had do's with a few of them with their 210bhp and not been all that far behind me up to 60. Maybe a car and a half or so, an Astra VXR was a car behind me last time I had a do with one of them. I'm pretty sure that when mine is running right it must be over 250, as it's way faster than the dealer specs of 6.9 to 60. I've timed it at 5.7 before now, and broken 6 seconds loads of times.

M-R-P
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:04
Yea it's self levellers mate, they're not out special, just a strongly pre-loaded shocker that is set to sit at a certain place. No wires or pipes going too them. They look like normal ones but they have a gator over the ram, and are bigger that's all. Mine eats R32's aswell from 50, and keeps up with them off them mark (in the dry) To be honest the golf Gti's are almost as quick as an R32 off the line in the real world, had do's with a few of them with their 210bhp and not been all that far behind me up to 60. Maybe a car and a half or so, an Astra VXR was a car behind me last time I had a do with one of them. I'm pretty sure that when mine is running right it must be over 250, as it's way faster than the dealer specs of 6.9 to 60. I've timed it at 5.7 before now, and broken 6 seconds loads of times.

Oh, ok, that would explain the way it dealt with 3 storage heaters, a back boiler and some lead a while ago! If yours if Phase 2, it's 247 bhp standard. Better fuel filter, air filter, slightly tweaked waste gate (not a lot) and tyres will give you the 6 second breaking time, no probs.
Had a play with a heavily chavved corsa the other day, to give the baseball cap wearing, spotty tw@t his dues, it was as quick as an R32, up to 70 but I had him bouncing off his limiter while I was still at the fun end of 4th (;)) and he destroyed me round a roundabout. When I pulled up next to him at a set of lights, (as previously mentioned by T5monkey) I wound my window down and asked "did you leave your handbrake on?"
He wasn't happy!;)

tim15888
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:13
Hahaha, had plenty of do's like that with chavved up cars. Mine is a late phase 1, fly by wire shagger, with really really **** tyres on it, budget all the way haha.

I hate storage heaters, we had a contract going at work a couple of years ago servicing them.... Propper boring cos' doing hundreds in a day and there's nothing to the sh1itters that makes them remotely interesting!

M-R-P
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:19
Hahaha, had plenty of do's like that with chavved up cars. Mine is a late phase 1, fly by wire shagger, with really really **** tyres on it, budget all the way haha.

I hate storage heaters, we had a contract going at work a couple of years ago servicing them.... Propper boring cos' doing hundreds in a day and there's nothing to the sh1itters that makes them remotely interesting!

and the old storage heaters have asbestos in them! :eek:

Late phase 1? that shouldn't be over 230bhp, u sure about the map? AFIK the p1 V70R had less than 250bhp...

Just re-read the "fly by wire" bit, poss 247...

tim15888
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:24
It's a 1999, 240bhp standard. Go on my profile, I have some pics of it, amongst other ****e. I have a bleed valve and a decat too which would explain it having about 10-15bhp more than if it didn't have them on, you can't turn the bleed valve up much without it running too lean and the knock sensor backing the throttle off... so it's a waste of time really. I recon it must have about 250+ when it's running right and sets itself up cos' it's very noticable the difference. Feels slow as ££££ when it's bee reset.

M-R-P
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:29
Fly by wire is almost definitely ME7 which monitors boost and adjusts things to suit. As you say, little tweeks work, a bit, but without the remap, it won't let you do much without jumping up and down on the performance. I gotta powerflow air cone on mine and it gives me only a bit more ooomph but the noise is awesome.... BBBWWWAAARRRRR - SSSHHUUUSS :)

tim15888
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:48
Yea they do, you can't trick the ECU that much on these cos' the ECU measures a lot of peramiters...

I had a k&n cone on mine, but it caused me to go through about 7 MAFs due to it sucking hot air from under the bonnet once stuck in traffic and on occasions actually melting the glue that holds it together. I took it off in favour of a K&N pael filter which gives a bit of induction rarrrrrrrr but not as much as as the cone, but doesn't fu*k the mafs up.

tim15888
Friday 25th November 2011, 19:04
Checking if my sig works...

tim15888
Friday 25th November 2011, 19:05
Yeyyy it does. Pretty crap pic really. Will change it for a more current one when I get the shagger washed :)

SteveRuss
Sunday 27th November 2011, 02:46
Standard, it's 247bhp, wouldn't like to estimate what it is, there's so many conflicting opinions but it destroys a golf R32 between 50 and, ummmm +10% of the national speed limit ;)

My 'RIP' C70 T5 was mapped by HLM tuning in Bromsgrove. A generally good experience. 240 standard taken to 270 odd. Mine didn't exactly destroy R32's but it was def faster in every situation I had an experience with (3 or 4 instances). If that's the case with yours then I would say that's a pretty decent place to be and maybe a place you should be happy being in unless you want to go mad..

Regards. SteveRuss

tim15888
Sunday 27th November 2011, 16:17
Mine is only running just under 240 according to dyno run, and beats R32's. To be honest when I did the run I did have a few issues with running etc and I had just reset the ecu which never lets it run right for about 100mile or so until it sets itself back up either. Runs really flat. I've done bits and bobs to mine that should really give it 10-15bhp extra than standard so when it is running right I would think it would be about 255-ish. Also surprizingly, the C70 is a hevier car than V70, the C70 cab much hevier still. Can't wait for mine to be mapped up. Getting it done soon as I can. :)

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:25
C70 coupe (97-06) according to my knowedge is 1450 KG.

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/volvo.htm

Your is maginally lighter by 35KG - so all I need do is take out the spare wheel.

tim15888
Sunday 27th November 2011, 19:29
Haha, may be getting confused with the convirtable then. That's about 1890kg I think. I probably carry about 150kg of stereo around anyway lol

tim15888
Thursday 8th December 2011, 19:35
Hamish did my remap the other day, running about 260bhp with 370nm of torque. Not added a whole lot on the figs really, but what a difference! :)

t5_monkey
Thursday 8th December 2011, 19:56
Mine is only running just under 240 according to dyno run, and beats R32's. To be honest when I did the run I did have a few issues with running etc and I had just reset the ecu which never lets it run right for about 100mile or so until it sets itself back up either. Runs really flat. I've done bits and bobs to mine that should really give it 10-15bhp extra than standard so when it is running right I would think it would be about 255-ish. Also surprizingly, the C70 is a hevier car than V70, the C70 cab much hevier still. Can't wait for mine to be mapped up. Getting it done soon as I can. :)

To be fair, a melting galcier could probs beat an R32 :D there's vids of them hardly outpulling a 2.5T 200bhp S60!

Still good feeling ;) and bet urs is quick with the remap.

tim15888
Friday 9th December 2011, 18:28
On paper I was expecting a bit more, but wasn't expecting it to feel as different as it does. Not managed to test it really, had a bit of a do with a bike down dual carrageway before but neither of us could propper go for it cos' it's facking snowing! Had a do with a bmw 330i the night I got it done and took the piss out of that, but used to beat them anyway. When I was going onto the dual carrageway the other night up the slip road in the rain, I floored it in third from anout 50, and at about 60 when the boost kicked it it just span the wheels. Boosting at 1.1bar now, and it all comes at once lol. Done nothing but rain and snow scince I got it done :(

Jamest5r
Friday 9th December 2011, 19:01
On paper I was expecting a bit more, but wasn't expecting it to feel as different as it does. Not managed to test it really, had a bit of a do with a bike down dual carrageway before but neither of us could propper go for it cos' it's facking snowing! Had a do with a bmw 330i the night I got it done and took the piss out of that, but used to beat them anyway. When I was going onto the dual carrageway the other night up the slip road in the rain, I floored it in third from anout 50, and at about 60 when the boost kicked it it just span the wheels. Boosting at 1.1bar now, and it all comes at once lol. Done nothing but rain and snow scince I got it done :(

Sod the fig's mate it's how it get's down the road, if you want high bhp fig's then look up your local Maha RR sure they can help you out :)

SteveRuss
Monday 12th December 2011, 16:39

Yeah. It's really how it puts it down on the road. I remapped my Audi A4 3.0Tdi the other day which was 203 standard and apparently you get 240'something.. Although that's a reasonable increase, it's more the way the thing drives now that makes all the difference. It's much smoother through the rev range which reminded me of how I felt when I got the C70 done.

For some reason, second gear is the gear that felt the most different on both cars. Lots more boost although the Tdi runs out around 4.5k which is taking some getting used to.. :wow:

If Hamish gave you a figure of 260, did he road roll it before? I remember a bunch of lads from one of these forums (probably this one) doing a rolling road day. One of the 240 standard C70 T5's got 217bhp which is a reasonable drop. That said, high mileage and poor servicing combined with the inevitable worn parts is going to do that to us.

tim15888
Monday 12th December 2011, 18:48
Yeah. It's really how it puts it down on the road. I remapped my Audi A4 3.0Tdi the other day which was 203 standard and apparently you get 240'something.. Although that's a reasonable increase, it's more the way the thing drives now that makes all the difference. It's much smoother through the rev range which reminded me of how I felt when I got the C70 done.

For some reason, second gear is the gear that felt the most different on both cars. Lots more boost although the Tdi runs out around 4.5k which is taking some getting used to.. :wow:

If Hamish gave you a figure of 260, did he road roll it before? I remember a bunch of lads from one of these forums (probably this one) doing a rolling road day. One of the 240 standard C70 T5's got 217bhp which is a reasonable drop. That said, high mileage and poor servicing combined with the inevitable worn parts is going to do that to us.

Cars don't drop over milage as much as people think. They only really drop if there is something actually wrong somewhere, or they have been run without oil or something in the past. Mine was about 235 before the run, and has done almost 190k. Unfortunately I've realized a problem with my car scince the remap though, only noticed it today as I gave it some from the lights cos' I found a dry patch. It's crap in 1st, as though it isn't boosting propperly. Mint in 2nd etc. Thinking there could be a problem with the fuel pump, as kaining a car in 1st is where the fuel pump is having to work hardest...

SteveRuss
Monday 12th December 2011, 23:50
Cars don't drop over milage as much as people think. They only really drop if there is something actually wrong somewhere, or they have been run without oil or something in the past. Mine was about 235 before the run, and has done almost 190k. Unfortunately I've realized a problem with my car scince the remap though, only noticed it today as I gave it some from the lights cos' I found a dry patch. It's crap in 1st, as though it isn't boosting propperly. Mint in 2nd etc. Thinking there could be a problem with the fuel pump, as kaining a car in 1st is where the fuel pump is having to work hardest...

There are too many variables to an engine's wear that could lower the measurable power output to be too general about how much wear and tear might affect that output. Well loved and well serviced would def give it a better chance of maintaining it's original performance..!

Your first gear is fine. I wrote a reply in your other thread...

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 00:00
I'm guessing you've changed your fuel filter recently?