PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

T4Rick
Monday 14th November 2011, 19:16
Do the 850 estate suspension springs fit the 850 saloon.Ive spotted some eibach springs on a m plate t5r estate and mine is an n plate saloon

Jamest5r
Monday 14th November 2011, 19:25
Yep :),

T4Rick
Monday 14th November 2011, 19:28
I better get to the scrap yard and rob them at weekend lol.Have you got your manual loom yet James?

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 23:11
Although they fit isn't there some doubt as to whether the ride height differs between estate and saloon when using one and others springs? I am sure Emlyn had this issue?

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 23:13
Rick, have you cleared some space in your in-box yet? been trying to contact you mate.
Off topic, sorry guys!

p fandango
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 06:48
Although they fit isn't there some doubt as to whether the ride height differs between estate and saloon when using one and others springs? I am sure Emlyn had this issue?
i'd of thought they'd have different spring rates to cope with the extra carrying capacity of the 855. The coil-over kit i've just bought was generically listed for "850", which might explain the high arse lol. I have heard of people fitting suspension labelled as 854 onto 855's

dave854
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 13:14
physically will bolt up ok but may have as mentioned above either different ride highes or spring rates. I know my 850 saloon sat lower than a mates equivalent estate. Worth a go though if the price is right i suppose.

T4Rick
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 15:53
physically will bolt up ok but may have as mentioned above either different ride highes or spring rates. I know my 850 saloon sat lower than a mates equivalent estate. Worth a go though if the price is right i suppose.

Bugger,i dont want to chance it

T4Rick
Wednesday 16th November 2011, 15:53
Rick, have you cleared some space in your in-box yet? been trying to contact you mate.
Off topic, sorry guys!

Hi martin i cleared it the other day lol

T4Rick
Thursday 17th November 2011, 15:33
i'd of thought they'd have different spring rates to cope with the extra carrying capacity of the 855. The coil-over kit i've just bought was generically listed for "850", which might explain the high arse lol. I have heard of people fitting suspension labelled as 854 onto 855's

If its wrong i could cut a coil off couldnt i?

p fandango
Thursday 17th November 2011, 16:02
If its wrong i could cut a coil off couldnt i?
the rear springs do have a flat top, not everyone likes doing that tho

yoda
Thursday 17th November 2011, 21:29
i have lowering springs on my 855 and i'm sure that the 854 ones had a different code when i purchased them the estate ones are vareible rate i think and saloon are single rate i think they might compromise the ride not sure but as a spring maker for 25 years i think its i big risk. hope this helps.Yoda

T4Rick
Thursday 17th November 2011, 21:32
i have lowering springs on my 855 and i'm sure that the 854 ones had a different code when i purchased them the estate ones are vareible rate i think and saloon are single rate i think they might compromise the ride not sure but as a spring maker for 25 years i think its i big risk. hope this helps.Yoda

Thanks for the info i will give it a miss

Phil B
Thursday 17th November 2011, 21:56
A quick search on demon tweeks shows they specify "saloon model only" and "estate model only" for 850 lowering springs, so it would seem they are different.