PDA

View Full Version : ph1 v70 t5 fuel rail fit 850 t5

merc85
Monday 14th November 2011, 00:58
Had a runnign issue today , seems like fuel starvation at high rpm.

Plugs were white changed coil/plugs cleaned cap/rotor still same issue.

Going to check out the fuel pressure reg.

I have a spare rail and reg from a later v70 t5 but this has a slightly differet reg.

My 850 has a vac line coming off it.

The v70 doesnt, it all part of the rail as well as the fuel feed.

if i blank the vac line off the 850 and fit the v70/complete with reg will it work??

Just a idea.

Jim S70R
Monday 14th November 2011, 13:54
That's not good, worth checking the pressure regulator, if that's no good might be worth checking the pump as there have been a few problems with the walbro ones recently.

volvo
Monday 14th November 2011, 14:03
was gonna suggest fuel pump too....take Gav's off him before he fits it lol....unless its to late!

bigrotch
Monday 14th November 2011, 14:36
To late! Still got me old pump tho we gunna try my rail and reg of Myne tonight so fingers crossed!

Niles
Monday 14th November 2011, 19:37
the reg with no vac feed line will be from an ME7 T5. No goody for an 850. You need the vac nipple as it'll help lift the fuel intake pressure when up on boost. No vac line = run lean = burn a hole on a piston/valve.

merc85
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:43
the reg with no vac feed line will be from an ME7 T5. No goody for an 850. You need the vac nipple as it'll help lift the fuel intake pressure when up on boost. No vac line = run lean = burn a hole on a piston/valve.

All sorted, My NEW walbro pump was faulty, Put my original Pump back in, thinking about fitting a New Fuel pressure reg instead of another pump.

Have lost Faith in aftermarket parts now. Was Genuine Pump ingraved with Walbro logo too.

Jim S70R
Monday 14th November 2011, 23:49
All sorted, My NEW walbro pump was faulty, Put my original Pump back in, thinking about fitting a New Fuel pressure reg instead of another pump.

Have lost Faith in aftermarket parts now. Was Genuine Pump ingraved with Walbro logo too.

Well done chap :B_thumb:

I would properly renew the pressure regulator anyway......every little helps and its most likely the original one too.....

bigrotch
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:07
Jim me old china ask merc what to him behind my car on way home Sunday pmsl

Jim S70R
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:12
Jim me old china ask merc what to him behind my car on way home Sunday pmsl

What was the middle bit again lol ??

bigrotch
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:19
Lol 2ft flame pmsl it licked up the back of me car lol

Jim S70R
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:22
Lol 2ft flame pmsl it licked up the back of me car lol

Sweet!!

bigrotch
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 00:29
That's what I thought lol I did ask him if he got a photo but we was goin a lil to fast and of course that would be dangerus ;) and against the law