PDA

View Full Version : v70-r estate.....

chancha
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 19:57
Guys, I am curently trying to source a nice v70-r estate but I want it to have a manual gearbox...does anyone have the statistics of the auto/manual split details of car sold over here..... if I do have to buy an auto...are they any good?.......

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 20:51
Guys, I am curently trying to source a nice v70-r estate but I want it to have a manual gearbox...does anyone have the statistics of the auto/manual split details of car sold over here..... if I do have to buy an auto...are they any good?.......one on the for sale section now.

V8guitar
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 13:18
Guys, I am curently trying to source a nice v70-r estate but I want it to have a manual gearbox...does anyone have the statistics of the auto/manual split details of car sold over here..... if I do have to buy an auto...are they any good?.......

Lots of questions:
1) What year ? The P2 models ( post 2000 ) are expensive and rare to find an manual. The auto's are geartronic and show lower torque figures than their manual counterparts
2) You said "over here". Where are you from and where are you trying to buy from. Presumably UK ?
3) Volvo autos are generally good. I personally refer them as they are more relaxing to drive and you don't lose that much performance from them. If its pure, ultimate speed you want, manual is the way to go, but I think you will like either. Geartronic is the least favourite alternative.

bigbluebus
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 14:22
Hi,

Assuming: over here = UK and that V70R = the old model, I was recently in a similar situation.

Don't know the numerical split, but there do seem to be more autos than manuals around. I think the autobox suits the car really well. I do have some ingrained prejudices against any torque converter gearbox for really spirited driving, but Volvo station wagons don't really encourage that anyway.

Ultimate performance will almost always come from the manual box, but in real world driving I doubt either choice will dissappoint.

Regards, Steve

chancha
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 18:31
sorry guys forgot about the newer model, yes, I was alluding to the original one....think I've found one, auto, saffron, 105k miles, dark interior etc etc...catching the flight tomorrow from edinburgh to luton....cant wait...-)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 18th August 2005, 00:06
the auto is defo not an inferior choice if you can be bothered to drive it properly