PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating brake Callipers?

volvokid
Saturday 12th November 2011, 21:46
Does anyone know any companys that do this?

daza-b
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:04
have you googled it?

AndysR
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:06
If you strip them down I'd have thought any capable company could do them for you :)

daza-b
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:07
save money and d.i.y: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODowu9xGXBE

AndysR
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:09
save money and d.i.y: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODowu9xGXBE

He wouldn't be happy with a DIY job....

Trust me ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:10

Trust me ;)

look at mine on my video mate proper job lol

volvokid
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:10
I cant view youtube on here, i had a quick google but its easier to ask than wait ages for pages to load. I dont like DIY on my car tbh ive seen more bodge jobs than good most of the time. I would paint the callipers on my saffy but wouldnt think about doing that to brembos

volvokid
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:12
Same as all these people that will spray there cars and alloys with tins of paint, they always look naff, leave that kinda stuff to the profesionals

volvokid
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:13

Trust me ;)

lol andy you know me to well :)

daza-b
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:14
Same as all these people that will spray there cars and alloys with tins of paint, they always look naff, leave that kinda stuff to the profesionals

i do everything myself, more pride on the finished product and never use spray cans lol well..... there was a time when i was 17 with a mk3 fezzy and 50 spray cans hahahahah

volvokid
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:21
i do everything myself, more pride on the finished product and never use spray cans lol well..... there was a time when i was 17 with a mk3 fezzy and 50 spray cans hahahahah

Im glad you have that skill, but i have seen so much bodge jobs. Christ my V40 had a full respray in a booth and the paint is as rough as a badgers arse, and theres no amount of detailing i can do to get rid of it becuase its all under the laqure. And the alloys were painted theres too without spray cans and look pish if you look closely.
not saying your not good at what you do but from my experiences with even profesionals spraying a car is a true tallent and the tallented people are few and far between out there. There is only one I would trust up here and they cost the earth unfortunetly

daza-b
Saturday 12th November 2011, 22:25
Im glad you have that skill, but i have seen so much bodge jobs. Christ my V40 had a full respray in a booth and the paint is as rough as a badgers arse, and theres no amount of detailing i can do to get rid of it becuase its all under the laqure. And the alloys were painted theres too without spray cans and look pish if you look closely.
not saying your not good at what you do but from my experiences with even profesionals spraying a car is a true tallent and the tallented people are few and far between out there. There is only one I would trust up here and they cost the earth unfortunetly

i know what you mean, must admit i do do things more than once until its perfect, even then im never happy lol even when people say its good :)

LeeT5
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 21:51
Does anyone know any companys that do this?

Whats up with yours then?

Shadow
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:03
not to sound stupid but if you get them power coated won't it come off again when the calipers got hot?

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:04
I want red brembos :)

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:05
I want red brembos :)

Seriously? Please tell me that's a joke!

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:10
No I have always wanted them, sorry Andy :( not saying i'm gonna do it but would like to look into it

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:14
No I have always wanted them, sorry Andy :( not saying i'm gonna do it but would like to look into it

I think you've been offshore too long that sea air is affecting your sanity!

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:18
I think you've been offshore too long that sea air is affecting your sanity!

haha we are sailing we are sailing!!!!!! will be on land about lunch time tommorow I CANT WAIT

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:21
haha we are sailing we are sailing!!!!!! will be on land about lunch time tommorow I CANT WAIT

Me too! Perhaps it will sort your sanity out... lol

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:23
hmmmm I doubt it Andy will take more than that to sort me out

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:24
That's a shame... I really think it will "cheapen" the look of your car...

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:28
Really? you are making me think twice now

AndysR
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:39
Really? you are making me think twice now

Yes really.. lol

If I had that car the calipers if anything would go only slightly darker anthracite or more likely remain the same if they needed overhauling due to chiping etc..

volvokid
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:50
Yes really.. lol

If I had that car the calipers if anything would go only slightly darker anthracite or more likely remain the same if they needed overhauling due to chiping etc..

Well i know you have good taste so im taking your advice on this one, dont want yet another expensive regret