PDA

View Full Version : C70 folding rear seats

rikcougar
Friday 11th November 2011, 11:25
Has anybody ever looked into or carried out fitting V70 rear folding seats into a phase 2 C70

Or does anybody know any reason why it would be impossible given a little engineering work

Wobbly Dave
Friday 11th November 2011, 12:04
Phase 2 - do you mean the folding hard top?

Coupe seats are a non-starter. The rear seat design is entirely different & the chassis comes down from the parcel shelf - i.e. there is sheet steel behind them & the only opening is the ski chute. I would also guess that the width is different given that the C70 coupe is a 4 seater. Then there is the problem that the rear 1/4 panels inside will not allow you the room - not to mention the torsional sacrifice once the metal is removed.

rikcougar
Friday 11th November 2011, 12:09
Phase 2 - do you mean the folding hard top?

Coupe seats are a non-starter. The rear seat design is entirely different & the chassis comes down from the parcel shelf - i.e. there is sheet steel behind them & the only opening is the ski chute. I would also guess that the width is different given that the C70 coupe is a 4 seater. Then there is the problem that the rear 1/4 panels inside will not allow you the room - not to mention the torsional sacrifice once the metal is removed.

Yeah, but apart from that Dave, should be a doddle !!

I assumed ME7 cars were phase 2 ?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 11th November 2011, 12:14
The best way to increase your carrying capacity is to invest teh 100 quid in a set of Volvo C70 roof bars. They fit precisely on the black plastic roof channels. Generic Thule ones will be a nightmare & will almost certainly damage your paintwork. I also bought seat covers. I have carried my 2m kayak & small ladders inside Betsy before now. ;)