PDA

View Full Version : are red ones really that fast?

T5frankie
Thursday 10th November 2011, 21:56
what with merc and rotch always going on about how fast their red ones were i just had to find out for myself and bought one lol

merc85
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:00
what with merc and rotch always going on about how fast their red ones were i just had to find out for myself and bought one lol

Bloody hell, lol didnt see that one coming.

What's it like bud, would it be the ebay 850r by anychance??

T5frankie
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:01
Bloody hell, lol didnt see that one coming.

What's it like bud, would it be the ebay 850r by anychance??

lol it could well be, just had it delivered to my front door from 100 miles away, now i can put the proper car away for the winter and sell the elite

T5frankie
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:02
it has bluebacklighted dash, boost gauge, induction kit, stereo with bass box too lol

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:04
I've had 2 red ones hence the website - neither were that fast - but they were shiny.

merc85
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:05
Damm frankie lol i was watchin that one , is it that pink or is it RED???? somtimes they can photo like that did.

Didnt like the blue dial's but hey bargain??

T5frankie
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:06
Damm frankie lol i was watchin that one , is it that pink or is it RED???? somtimes they can photo like that did.

Didnt like the blue dial's but hey bargain??

dunno yet i'll tell you tomorrow in the daylight lmfao

merc85
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:07
dunno yet i'll tell you tomorrow in the daylight lmfao

Fair enough bud, be good to know what it's like.

merc85
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:08
I've had 2 red ones hence the website - neither were that fast - but they were shiny.

Dunno Dave thought your one was pritty rapid

WOODY T5
so u have seen the light then 850`s are better mate

T5frankie
whack my mbc and dump valve on it tommorow good times lol

T5frankie
Thursday 10th November 2011, 22:09
so u have seen the light then 850`s are better mate

no not at all mate i know what i prefer just a winter hack but it did feel quite nimble and less laggy than mine

Jamest5r
Friday 11th November 2011, 17:44
What you gone and done now mate?? a bloody red one of all thing's!!! the only saving grace is that it's an 850 and soon enough you will realise they are the best one's :)

Flatout Phil
Friday 11th November 2011, 17:50

Resistance is futile...

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/heath.jpg

The 850 is simply better...

Jamest5r
Friday 11th November 2011, 17:52
Resistance is futile...

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/heath.jpg

What's that prove apart from they turn pink with age :)

Flatout Phil
Friday 11th November 2011, 17:56
What's that prove apart from they turn pink with age :)

Pity they never did them in this colour...

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/DSCF0098-1.jpg

And one for James :P

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/DSCF0098-2.jpg

cherry1809
Friday 11th November 2011, 18:39
I don't understand, I thought the white ones were quickest? (when they run right) :D

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 18:42
What you gone and done now mate?? a bloody red one of all thing's!!! the only saving grace is that it's an 850 and soon enough you will realise they are the best one's :)

lol, nah mate can't replicate the noise mine makes its too addictive, this red one has a stupid twin 4" backbox oh dear lol, been cleaning it up inside, need front and back bumpers cos the colour coding is peeling off and looks crap, the bloke who i bought it off was so full of **** it was embarrassing, "ex touring car" "it's not an 850r its an 855r" "it's so fast it beats skylines" etc etc i had to tell him to shut up but having said that it drives spot on with no issues whatsoever, boost to 0.7 bar has an induction kit, boost gauge bass box in the boot with a nice head unit and amp for my hard dance lol, so for what i paid for it i couldnt be happier. oh and james i would prefer a t5-r manual in green but if it's an 850r it has to be red and at least it has the m59 box eh and 16t

bigrotch
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:19
Come on frankie turn that mbc up man, 0.7bar that's only 10.15psi u man or mouse lol or is it to powerful for u Allready as it is a red one lol

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:23
Come on frankie turn that mbc up man, 0.7bar that's only 10.15psi u man or mouse lol or is it to powerful for u Allready as it is a red one lol

lol u lunch i havn't even fitted it yet and be in no doubt it will be turned up,

AndysR
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:27
So you've had this car a day already and the only car picture on this thread is a poorly photoshopped shot of Phil's.... Come on Frankie what are you doing to us, not everyone lives on e-Bay you know... ;) lol

bigrotch
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:28
U lunch WTF that must be westtalk then I tack it lol

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:31
So you've had this car a day already and the only car picture on this thread is a poorly photoshopped shot of Phil's.... Come on Frankie what are you doing to us, not everyone lives on e-Bay you know... ;) lol

i got home in the dark mate, i had it delivered at half 9 last night so aint had a chance i'll wash it first lol

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 19:31
U lunch WTF that must be westtalk then I tack it lol

actually that was old skool dagenham speak thought you would have recognised it lol, anyway who lives west? i'm from hackney lol

LiamT4
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:40
Maybe the bloke had just raced a normal skyline. Been in a few of the older ones, R32/R33's and apart from the GTRs they aint that quick, in fact i'd call some of them slow.

Jim S70R
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:42
Maybe the bloke had just raced a normal skyline. Been in a few of the older ones, R32/R33's and apart from the GTRs they aint that quick, in fact i'd call some of them slow.

Would agree with you on that, not a fan of skycraps at all and waving them off in a Volvo adds to the fun ;)

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:44

no the bloke just didnt know what he was on about you know trying to preach to the converted, kept telling me how special this one was with a v70r engine in lol "shut it muppet"

LiamT4
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:45
Would agree with you on that, not a fan of skycraps at all and waving them off in a Volvo adds to the fun ;)

My mates got an old one (single turbo, rwd) and when it was standard, mine was quicker once on the move.

LiamT4
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:46
no the bloke just didnt know what he was on about you know trying to preach to the converted, kept telling me how special this one was with a v70r engine in lol "shut it muppet"

Oh one of them! lol

Jim S70R
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:48
My mates got an old one (single turbo, rwd) and when it was standard, mine was quicker once on the move.

Got a few smoking around my area, used to rave on about how much horse power they had etc etc, stood there in silence listing to the bs.....(just as bad as cossie drivers lol)

AndysR
Friday 11th November 2011, 20:51
Got a few smoking around my area, used to rave on about how much horse power they had etc etc, stood there in silence listing to the bs, once on the road they won't anything special, noisy and slow ish lol.

Much to THEIR amazement I might add... :)

Flatout Phil
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:14

I reckon he's just pretending cos he's jealous... :P

AndysR
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:16
I reckon he's just pretending cos he's jealous... :P

PMSL!

Well I was going to say yours was one of the best looking red R's I know of, but then you already know that... ;)

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:27
here it is if you can see it lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/KGrHqFjME6EOfyWHkBOsbIRhD3g60_14.jpg

Flatout Phil
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:34
here it is if you can see it lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/KGrHqFjME6EOfyWHkBOsbIRhD3g60_14.jpg

All I can see on my iPhone is a small pink thing - was it cold when you snapped it ;)

AndysR
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:35
All I can see on my iPhone is a small pink thing - was it cold when you snapped it ;)

Don't worry it's no different on a PC screen.. lol

Flatout Phil
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:52
Don't worry it's no different on a PC screen.. lol

Probably needs a good, hard polish...

T5frankie
Friday 11th November 2011, 21:56
Probably needs a good, hard polish...

it aint as pink as it looks

cherry1809
Friday 11th November 2011, 23:57
To be fair, The GTS Skylines are similar power to an 850R, But heavier. But I'll bet any money you like they're easier and cheaper to get near 500hp. And a very mildly modded GTR? Forget it. :P

merc85
Saturday 12th November 2011, 00:09
to answear the Opening POST.

YES!! lol

LiamT4
Saturday 12th November 2011, 10:55
To be fair, The GTS Skylines are similar power to an 850R, But heavier. But I'll bet any money you like they're easier and cheaper to get near 500hp. And a very mildly modded GTR? Forget it. :P

Of course they are, most cars are easier to tune than volvos and i did say apart from the GTRs.

I come across a few skylines here in leicester and they're are some very fast ones around (600bhp) but the majority are single turbos or NA's where most of the money has been spent on (bad) bodystyling.

Same goes for supras, a few around but not many twin turbos.

cherry1809
Saturday 12th November 2011, 11:02
but the majority are single turbos or NA's where most of the money has been spent on (bad) bodystyling.

Same goes for supras, a few around but not many twin turbos.

That bugs the sh*t out of me. They buy the lower end models as they can't afford the insurance on the quick ones, Then spend a few grand on shi**y plastic bodykits. I'd rather have a standard looking car that actually goes.

LiamT4
Saturday 12th November 2011, 11:12
That bugs the sh*t out of me. They buy the lower end models as they can't afford the insurance on the quick ones, Then spend a few grand on shi**y plastic bodykits. I'd rather have a standard looking car that actually goes.

But the thing with leicester is that it has loads of chavs and they can't afford a fast car, so they buy something with a sh*t bodykit on and tell everyone that it is fast.

Which they shouldn't do, because if i see this type of car driving round then (and i know this is childish) i make a point by embarresing them. lol

Always funny when theres a couple of chavs in something they think is fast and they get pasted by me in an automatic, almost standard volvo.

I too would much rather have something thats dont stand out, but is fast.