PDA

View Full Version : Lower arms

Tomcat
Saturday 5th November 2011, 14:40
Anyone know if the pattern lower arms are any good?, cars been wondering all over the shop for ages and after checking the ball joints look knackered, can't afford Volvo ones (unless they're particularly cheap that is).

cherry1809
Saturday 5th November 2011, 15:15
I've bought 2 sets so far (for different cars) And I've never had any problems. I'd buy a pair though, At least they'll match if there is a slight difference.

GreenMachine
Saturday 5th November 2011, 15:15
used both and decided Volvo was best.........sorry to be unhelpful!

Tomcat
Saturday 5th November 2011, 15:37
I know the Volvo ones are best, just can't stretch to them at the moment, will go to GFS on Monday (as it's near work) and buy a pair.

martybelfastt5
Saturday 5th November 2011, 17:36
they are a short term fix imo tho ive used them

Tomcat
Saturday 5th November 2011, 17:42
If they last till after christmas I'll be happy. Going to pm Rufe though and get a price from him first.

jayeastanglia
Saturday 5th November 2011, 19:08
fitted a pair of unipart/partco ones to my last 850 and they was ok 2 years later after the abuse i gave them as well..only thing i did notice was the steering stop plastic bit came off on one of the arms a year later which made a wheel rub on the inner arch..

nobananas
Monday 7th November 2011, 20:47
Fitted a pattern arm on my 850 once and it threw the steering wheel out by about 30 degrees !. Had to wind the track rod end almost off the track rod to get the tracking right afterwards. I decided that it wasn't worth it but like you couldn't stretch to new genuine ones so I know buy genuine second hand 70 series classic ones with good ball joints and swap my poly bushes into them. The arms normally only cost me 25 quid posted or so.

Volvostorm
Monday 7th November 2011, 21:02
Get, as always there are better pattern parts than others, I've never really had any problems with Unipart's stuff, stick to the more well known parts.

t5 stealth
Monday 7th November 2011, 21:03
i fitted 2 arms to mine,fitted poly bushes ,been round the ring with them and havnt had any probs,
fit loads of arms to many cars too,very rarely do i see a problem with them.....