PDA

View Full Version : Cruise vacuum pump

Niles
Saturday 5th November 2011, 10:38
Howdo all. my cruise has not worked since i got the car and I'm trying to eliminate all the components to find why not. I have a mahoosive PDF file that fully describes all the components. My suspicion is the vacuum pump is failed. The PDF file says its under the bonnet. Im all my years I've never seen it and have no idea what to look for. Need to do a vac test on the system
When I hit 'cruise', the accelerator pedal moves a teeny fraction and thats all. Hence, im sure its 'active' but leaking vacuum and the throttles not moving.
The said pump is allegedly an electric jobbie. A picture would be a bonus. Who can help? Free greasy rag to the 1st to point it out. lol.

Niles
Saturday 5th November 2011, 10:56
D'oh!! Just worked it. Its the little thingy under the battery tray. :biggrin:

AndysR
Saturday 5th November 2011, 10:57
D'oh!! Just worked it. Its the little thingy under the battery tray. :biggrin:

Was going to say I bet you've removed loads from cars and not even reaslised what they were.. Lol

GreenMachine
Saturday 5th November 2011, 11:02
Could it be electrical?

The only prob I've ever had is the stork on the wheel, but that has only been in that when I've used cruise the indicators come on constant and I've found that twisting the stork puts everything back to normal until the next time.....

The old man's 850 had a prob and he had the stork changed