PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts for my p1....pain in the R's

T5rookie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:59
Hi guys...

Well i'm on the hunt for an exhaust for my p1 V70R and I have never found it so difficult.

OK so....Ferrita/BSR/Jetex all too quiet.......JT tuning are big monies and I don't like the tailpipe design.....

Milltek have stopped making a system for it...

Now there are custom places....I don't want powerflow anywhere near my car, mostly naff workmanship....poor quality stainless and bad customer service from my local branches.

Longlife - The only place I would take it to is Matt in basingstoke but he is very busy and on a fair few of his systems the bends are squashed on 2.5" pipe so 3" would be a disaster I feel.

Quicksilver, edge and a fair few other London based fabricators all say they either don't do one or it isn't something they would do.....

So what are my options??

I'm seeing Matt from Simpson Race exhausts on Sat morning to see what he might be able to do but I feel he may charge the earth for something that I want simple.

I'm after 3" bore and one silencer so if anyone can suggest anywhere they have used that would be great!

Alex

T5frankie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:08
i've never had a problem with my powerflow and the sound is immense it is a straight through with a little box at the rear

volvokid
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:26
I have never had a problem with my power flow either but i have heard there are bad dealers out there

T5rookie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:48
powerflow don't make 3" and the car will be living in the snow for 5 months as of december so i'm worried about rust...but mainly that they don't do 3"

I know 2.5 is good enough for some but I plan on a turbo change and stronger rods next year so will only end up changing to 3" at some point to help flow around 350bhp

Alex

T5frankie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:47
powerflow don't make 3" and the car will be living in the snow for 5 months as of december so i'm worried about rust...but mainly that they don't do 3"

I know 2.5 is good enough for some but I plan on a turbo change and stronger rods next year so will only end up changing to 3" at some point to help flow around 350bhp

Alex

imo 3" dont make much difference to 21/2 at those sorts of powers

T5rookie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:57
It does in jap circles.....most aftermarket stuff is 3" on skylines/supras/imprezas. For me 350 being pushed through a 2.5" bore is a little strangled.

Jt tuning wouldn't make their system is it wasn't benenficial surely?

Just my 2p but I won't go with powerflow as I said, the 3 branches nearish me all have dodgy reps.

Alex

T5rookie
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:25
Nobody else??

So most are running powerflow or ferrita/bsr?

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:39
I always wanted to know what a titanium system with an expansion box would sound like, with no rust heat or wear problems to worry about, would it be worth the extreme expense?

T5rookie
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:44
oooh titanium on a 5 pot......niiice! I can put questions to Matt tomorrow at Simpson Race Exhausts...he makes his own tubing so any diameter!

Will see how expensive he is first!

AndysR
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:44
If money is no object and you want a really really good job then I would highly recommend Hayward and Scott in Essex, that said at a guess, your going to be talking the best part of 4 figures for a custom made system but having seen examples of their work and hearing about the depth of thought that goes into their exhaust designs the quality of it will be second to none..

M-R-P
Friday 4th November 2011, 21:53
4" oval titanium... hmmm put that to Matt! ;)

gmain1967
Friday 4th November 2011, 22:01
If money is no object and you want a really really good job then I would highly recommend Hayward and Scott in Essex, that said at a guess, your going to be talking the best part of 4 figures for a custom made system but having seen examples of their work and hearing about the depth of thought that goes into their exhaust designs the quality of it will be second to none..

Had a full H and S system on an Impreza STI RA and what a fantastic sound!! Alas, the way plod are these days, doubt it would be permitted...