PDA

View Full Version : T5 turbo help

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 15:34
Firstly hi to all from a newby.
i have a 1 owner t5 estate manual which was owned by a british airways captain from new.101,000 miles with full volvo only history.i need as much help as i can get from you guys.
just purchased a mint t16 turbo unit as want more kick/power.
do i just swop over the turbos or do i need to do something els on top???
any info would be a great help thankyou

bigrotch
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 15:49
Hi welcome to the forum... I'd say befor you go for more bhp/torque get the Pcv system done, u need that engine breathing proper, renew all vac lines as they will probably be perished and a fresh service...that's the boring stuff but it's a must, has the car got any mods at all ie ecu - induction kit- rip kit - forge UNOs etcetc

It is a straight but not a nice job etc me and merc85 done myne sunday

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 15:56
:welcome: What model T5 have you got? if it's a P2 V70/S60 It will probably already have a 16T. As above, do the PCV, It's a pig of a job ( to see if it needs doing, go for a drive then pull over and with the engine running, pull the dipstick out. if you see puffs of smoke, do your PCV) and a full service, change the tranny fluid if you feel brave.
Plenty of knowledgeable people here to guide you through the process.
Pics when you can please ;)

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 15:57
hi the car is totally standard and never been touched.ive never owned 1 before so a total virgin lol.

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:00
hi it is a 850 t5 estate 1996.no smoke/rattles etc just had full service via volvo 1 week ago with all fluids changed.no smoke from dipstick or oil filler.thankyou

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:02
Nice, Nice and umm Nice. Sounds like you got yourself a little diamond there mate.

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:04
all pipes including vacume pipes are like brandnew,infact the whole engine bay is like new no oil leaks anywhere,all the pipes are like new.the car has receipts for nearly £9000 since 1997.

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:08
First thing I learned about the T5 is they are very clean engines, if there's a puddle or a patch, it usually means there's a problem. :)

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:08
hi martin yes i think i have the gent owned the car from new always had it serviced as recommended by volvo,the history is extensive if and when something wasnt right he would have volvo collect the car and correct whatever was wrong and has done so upto 1 week ago when i purchased the car from him.retired british airways captain with plenty of cash.

bigrotch
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:12
Mate u got a pukka one there buy the sounds of it! Do u want to keep the look standad ie airfilter etc cos u can change ya turbo and have ecu upgrade to get proper fueling more boost etc and it will still look completely standad but go well or u can go for induction kit- ripkits- UNOs - polybush mounts etc the list is endless reli... What do u want from the car mate

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:12
Sounds like a good starting point for a monster!

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:18
hi bigrotch what im looking for is more push into the back of the seat feel without going over the top.ive already purchased this 16t turbo after reading about the gains but was not sure if just replacing this would see a improved performance gain???what is a rip kit??

bigrotch
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 16:38
HI mate look at my photo its the top pipe across the engine, it reverses the intercooler pipework, when i made myne and fitted it u can notice the differance instantly less turbo lag spools up on the button, it reroutes the cold air to the turbo better.. i might stand corrected but its a deffo mod todo in my eyes

T5frankie
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:13
just get a remap first mate 150 quid from hlm

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:22
hi i sent you a pm as you had one up for grabs??

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:30
if not do you have their number???thanx

bigrotch
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 17:48
Hlm broomsgroove google it mate it will come up!!

merc85
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:27

Rip deffo the way to go. as well as a HLM lol

t5 stealth
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:28
welcome :)

darkar26
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 18:33
will look up how to make and install rip kit thankyou