PDA

View Full Version : front subframe bushes

endo-t5
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 20:58
Is there any up-rated front subframe bushes or just replace with standard or aftermarket ones or have some solid ones made.
Also how long before rear axle bushes need changing
I'm thinking of taking the 850 apart and clean and paint plus it's getting on a bit and did it with my old 4be sierra and transformed it.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 21:15
Have a look here, but, I believe they don't answer emails very quickly

http://www.mpre.se/800e.html

endo-t5
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 21:35
Thanks Paul , I looked on there the other week and forgot about that site will have a look on there now

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 21:53
I think Powerflex do subframe bushes, don't know what they're like. T5Monkey just had his whole car polybushed, he seems pretty keen but then it's a different car to yours so hard to say.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 21:55
Poweflex don't do subframe bushes for the 850

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 22:00
Poweflex don't do subframe bushes for the 850

Nice one paul, I only looked at the V70/S60 list. there's another firm, like powerflex that do bushes, had too many beers to remember...;)

Volvostorm
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 22:07
Superflex you mean? They do some for the 850, again, no subframe ones :(

http://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=421

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 22:16
Lol, P2 I can vaguely find my way around... I know P2's are considerably different, but could the bushes not be modified? (he says, desperately trying to redeem himself)

Volvostorm
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 22:32
No idea, as I've never looked at a P2 that closely

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 22:33
No idea, as I've never looked at a P2 that closely

Don't blame ya, bloody overweight, untuneable things lol ;)

jardon
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 11:08
Tim Williams has a fix for subframe bushes - my fronts have been filled with a resin. I couldn't believe how much slop there was before but now they don't move. I couldn't tell you how much difference it has made to the way the car drives as we did it at the same time as new brakes and Gripper diff. There was some increase in NVH but again difficult to say how mush was attributed to the subframe bushes as we resined the OS engine mount at the same time and fitted a SMF. Overall the car is much sharper and easier to place if I'm really on it. Not worth it if just pootling.