PDA

View Full Version : Moderately Indifferent about HLM

Al115
Monday 31st October 2011, 22:55
Should we have a thread for those who don't give a toss either way?

In the spirit of equality and all... :)

t5_monkey
Monday 31st October 2011, 22:58
Some say he's good with Tools...

others that he IS a tool....

discuss :)

volvokid
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:00
i've never spoke to him, so cant say. Certainly wouldnt rule him out.
People hate Russ at RT's I actually like him bought a BSR induction kit from him, he called a few weeks later to ask how im getting on, now that is grade A service never had that before it made my day.

M-R-P
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:04
My fish have wet fins.

AndysR
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:07
Can't comment either way as I've no real experience of him or the company but he appears, generally, well thought of on here and I like being here so chances are I'll probably like him but what can I say either way with no experience

How's that for impartial? :)

Al115
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:09
Must be painful up there on that fence ;)

t5 pete
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:13
i just dont like onion gravy but remove the oinions and im happy

AndysR
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:13
Must be painful up there on that fence ;)

Who said being different was wrong.. lol

Storm-Troll
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:17
Trust you Al to start an on the fence thread.. can I join too? pmsl.!!!!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:18
In order to be impartial surely you'd have to be giving out advice. I'd just settle for plain old ambivalent.

Al115
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:19
Trust you Al to start an on the fence thread.. can I join too? pmsl.!!!!!

All the years of moderation haven't been entirely wasted :)

The difference now is that I don't have to clear up the mess :D

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st October 2011, 23:23
I too have come out the other side unscathed. well after the therapy. I just bathe in the sunshine of my own unimportant obscurity, secure in the fact that no-one takes a blind bit of notice of what I say anyway.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 00:11
Is this the thread for those who haven't had anything to do with HLM and are not bothered about getting involved, or is that the 'Who am I/Where am I' thread?

jayeastanglia
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 12:04
can i ask is this hlm tuning in bromsgrove??
if so wife knows of them..and she says they ok

rikcougar
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 12:28
My fish have wet fins.

Help needed :rolling_e

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 12:33
My guess is that HLM & RT and all the rest must generally be OK or they wouldn't still be in business - that is my Aristotlean approach to the debate. Logically, they must be better than worse.

smithy
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 15:05
can i ask is this hlm tuning in bromsgrove??
if so wife knows of them..and she says they ok

yes mate

cherry1809
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 18:06
Never met him, Never used him. I don't like him because he laughed at my Bluebird. Lol.

Jim S70R
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 18:56
What's a Volvo and why can't any of you spell the word HIM....lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 19:26
You see, there's a trick to flying, or rather, a knack. the knack is to throw yourself at the ground, as hard as you can and miss. The easy bit is throwing yourself at the ground. Missing is the difficult bit. and not minding that it's going to hurt. Most people fail to miss the ground and, if you're trying really hard, the chances are that you're going to fail to miss the ground fairly hard. The trick is to get distracted just before you fail to miss the ground. A point in time where you are not thinking about, flying, the ground or how much it's going to hurt if you fail to miss it.

Santa
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 19:27
eeeerrrrrrmmmmmm..........Hello everyone :rolling_e

cherry1809
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 09:16
You see, there's a trick to flying, or rather, a knack. the knack is to throw yourself at the ground, as hard as you can and miss. The easy bit is throwing yourself at the ground. Missing is the difficult bit. and not minding that it's going to hurt. Most people fail to miss the ground and, if you're trying really hard, the chances are that you're going to fail to miss the ground fairly hard. The trick is to get distracted just before you fail to miss the ground. A point in time where you are not thinking about, flying, the ground or how much it's going to hurt if you fail to miss it.

Fpmsl :D

Yosser
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 09:43
Fpmsl :D

Indeed :)

The Hitch Hikers Guide (http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Flying)can teach us many things....

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 10:25
Indeed :)

The Hitch Hikers Guide (http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Flying)can teach us many things....

Indeed, Tertiary Phase is my fave ;)
"they are most likely to say something along the lines of "Good God, man, you can't possibly be flying!" It is vitally important not to believe them or they will suddenly be right"

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 11:52
I will always respect the opinions of others when it comes to using professionals to maintain or modify anything in my possetion. This is a natural thing, you hear a bad thing and you react to it.

I have had many dealings with Hamish and Nat and they are both down to earth reasonable ordinary humans who are trying to make a living. They have always provided me outstanding service and if I have had any problems they have worked with me to resolve them.

It would be wrong for Hamish or Nat to say they never make mistakes because naturally as an unprogrammed machine we all do.

All I will say is you only ever hear the bad news... why? Because the quiet man who always completes his work correctly and punctually is often the one who is forgotten.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 12:11
I must have read thousands of posts about Hamish and HLM.

As a totally impartial observer.... I've formed the opinion Hamish a knowledgeable and highly capable engineer who is a bit too straight talking for people sometimes, especially when they get emotional about their cars.

That said as the person who in a past career had to talk around hundreds of furious customers at a big company who'd had someone 'talk straight' at them - If you're taking people's money, the onus is on you to have a bit of diplomacy and tact, even if the client doesn't.

The customer is never wrong.... I don't believe that, can a customer go around telling everyone that YOU are wrong for years and possibly decades if you piss them off unnecessarily?

Yes.... and it's bad for business.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 15:51
Monkey you make very good points there.

I would summarise sales as a very tactful skill, as you say the customer is always right even when wrong but it is entirely on approach as to how you "talk them down". I am a big believer in the political way, divert around and offer alternative suggestions. This way you neither deny or agree and often manage to "persuade" the customer to your way of doing things.