PDA

View Full Version : Doin 70 or could it be 82!!

silverswedemachine
Monday 31st October 2011, 22:02
On my recent trip to shakespeare this weekend, it seems my car devoloped a speedo glitch where now it is over reading by a fair amount, comparing with the TomTom sat-nav, when doing 70 the speedo is reading 82, but the difference isnt so much at lower speeds, at 30 it only reads 35... A while ago, on said trip to shakepeare back in july, it was only out by 3mph at all speeds (same as my old 854)... Now the only thing i have done since then is put the trip/fuel computer screen in the clocks, mine is the base model that only came with the clock, i changed the chip/electronic board (that stretches across the back of the clocks) as well just to be sure it would work, even though the serial numbers matched up... Now the chip board came out of a 2.5, could it have a different setting or confirguration thats pushing my speed up??? I will put the original board back in when i have a spare couple of hours or does this kinda thing happen?? If so how the hell do you go about recalibrating??

cheers Mark

silverswedemachine
Thursday 3rd November 2011, 21:48
Well after being over whelmed with feedback i decided to swap the circuit board back to its original one and hey presto its now reading as it should, 100mph at just under 4k (private test road)... Even though the serial numbers are the same, it seems they are calibrated differently...