PDA

View Full Version : overfueling problem

T5frankie
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:18
my car is overfueling and i don't know why, when the greens were in it was over fueling and running like a bag of crap i put some blues back now it runs ok but is using loads of fuel still i.e 20 miles for a tenner its crippling me any ideas?

claymore
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:30
my car is overfueling and i don't know why, when the greens were in it was over fueling and running like a bag of crap i put some blues back now it runs ok but is using loads of fuel still i.e 20 miles for a tenner its crippling me any ideas?
welcome to my world...lol

dalhousie2008
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:58
Could be an inlet gasket leak and brain is over compensating, but doubtful seen it a few times on jags, sends emissions wild

nottsgreent5
Sunday 30th October 2011, 22:26
mines the same on blues would love to know whats up with it put oranges back in still really bad mpg cheaked every thing i can think of n makes no difference lol

smithy
Sunday 30th October 2011, 23:57
it might be the lamber or maff but clean the maff first and frankie james t5r had some newish lambers for a v70 worth an ask

Niles
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 15:06
Ive got a great spare maf & lambda if you need it mate.

volvo
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 15:10
mines doing the same lol have swapped the MAF, still no joy! If it was lamda, wouldnt it throw a light on the dash?

smithy
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 15:12
frankies car has always got a light on due to the decat.

volvo
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 15:15
oh ok...mine hasnt thrown a light on...was fine couple of days ago...then just ran very lumpy in the morning the other day

T5frankie
Tuesday 1st November 2011, 18:02
well cleaned the maf today so much oily crap taken off, ill try it tomorrow to see if any difference as its rush hour now and wont get very far