PDA

View Full Version : where to put the dump valve when doing rip conversion on 850 t5r

volvo850t5r
Sunday 30th October 2011, 17:59
iv got my dump valve on the turbo side at the moment but will be changeing the intercooler pipes around to run rip but not sure where to put the dump valve whant it to still sound the same wheres best

claymore
Sunday 30th October 2011, 18:13
In the bin, but if you must have it, put it as close to the throttle body as possible

Flatout Phil
Sunday 30th October 2011, 18:40
In the bin, but if you must have it, put it as close to the throttle body as possible

Ptished off with DVs Claymore ??? My mid life crisis would not be complete without my DV! :P

claymore
Sunday 30th October 2011, 18:42
Ptished off with DVs Claymore ??? My mid life crisis would not be complete without my DV! :P
I'v got a huge one on mine, but that's because I have to have one :P

M-R-P
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:06
I'm with Claymore, intrusive bloody things. It's a volvo not a scooby ;) get a cone filter on it and a recirc valve then listen to the bag of snakes under the bonnet when you change gear :)

T5frankie
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:08
I'm with Claymore, intrusive bloody things. It's a volvo not a scooby ;) get a cone filter on it and a recirc valve then listen to the bag of snakes under the bonnet when you change gear :)

how are they intrusive? you control how loud or quiet they are with your foot and whilst driving normally you won't hear them at all

woz
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:33
....... and whilst driving normally you won't hear them at all.............

- and when would I want to be doing that then?
W:>)

T5frankie
Sunday 30th October 2011, 20:35
- and when would I want to be doing that then?
W:>)

same as me i love all the head turning attention my car gets cos of the noise it makes

M-R-P
Sunday 30th October 2011, 21:27
Just an opinion Frankie, to me it's like a loud stereo blazing out crappy dance music or a 900cc 3 pot corsa with a massive loud exhaust. I know that many guys here have a dv and are more than happy with it and that's fine. Merely voicing my opinion - don't mean to offend anybody. :)

Tomcat
Sunday 30th October 2011, 22:02
Couldn't agree more, not a fan of them, except maybe when it's on something like a works cosworth or similar.

T5frankie
Sunday 30th October 2011, 22:20
Just an opinion Frankie, to me it's like a loud stereo blazing out crappy dance music or a 900cc 3 pot corsa with a massive loud exhaust. I know that many guys here have a dv and are more than happy with it and that's fine. Merely voicing my opinion - don't mean to offend anybody. :)

thats funny i love loud crappy dance music too , but prefer the noise my car makes on boost....................:B_steerin

shrekblackR
Monday 31st October 2011, 13:29
yeah the louder the better .. love it when mine goes off and everyone looks round to see a skyline or evo and all they see is the big red beast lol

Flatout Phil
Monday 31st October 2011, 14:05
I am a chav, I admit it. I'll be fitting red neons before you know it...and having two white stripes down the length of the car...

theflyingbrick
Monday 31st October 2011, 15:42
well i did have a dv and tbh i loved it,but it was causing me grief..leaking boost opening to early etc so i removed it.........BEST thing i ever done the chatter noise is like 4 or 5 dv's going off in descending harmony its amazing and the harder you boot it,the louder it gets ive still got the blanking plate on mine which i assume if your running a dv youll have aswell,do yourself a favour,fit the rip drive it and if your not smiling like stoned hyena then fit the dv!! but ill bet you a crisp tenner that you dont ;)

claymore
Monday 31st October 2011, 15:45
^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

volvo850t5r
Monday 31st October 2011, 19:08
iv fitted my rip today and the factory turbo gage on the clocks is not working is this normal

claymore
Monday 31st October 2011, 19:10
you've pulled the pipe off the vac tree at a guess

M-R-P
Monday 31st October 2011, 19:54
well i did have a dv and tbh i loved it,but it was causing me grief..leaking boost opening to early etc so i removed it.........BEST thing i ever done the chatter noise is like 4 or 5 dv's going off in descending harmony its amazing and the harder you boot it,the louder it gets ive still got the blanking plate on mine which i assume if your running a dv youll have aswell,do yourself a favour,fit the rip drive it and if your not smiling like stoned hyena then fit the dv!! but ill bet you a crisp tenner that you dont ;)

Likewise, I'm not allowed by Mrs MRP, "it's a bloody family car" otherwise mine would clatter around the suburbs of poole like a drunken machine gun operator!