Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:26
do i need 35w or 50/55w hids or will both work etc
sorry this probs been asked before

claymore
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:38
I wouldn't bother, they are going to be an MOT fail from January

jayeastanglia
Saturday 29th October 2011, 22:45
just go fit some brighter bulbs instead as like been mentioned aftermarket hids will be a mot fail from 1 january 2012 unless fitted with auto leval and headlamp washers and also E marked.

leet5r
Sunday 30th October 2011, 00:00
what about if they are fitted and alined so they pass an mot light test , has to be another way around it

AndysR
Sunday 30th October 2011, 00:39
what about if they are fitted and alined so they pass an mot light test , has to be another way around it

Modify the existing headlight leveling system so it becomes a self leveling, at least that's what I plan to do anyway ;)

p fandango
Sunday 30th October 2011, 06:16
do i need 35w or 50/55w hids or will both work etc
sorry this probs been asked before
the 35w's are miles brighter than normal Halogen 50/55w bulbs so certainly wouldn't go for the 55w HID's for your dipped beam, i'm going to try a set of he higher ones for my main beam

jayeastanglia
Sunday 30th October 2011, 07:59
Modify the existing headlight leveling system so it becomes a self leveling, at least that's what I plan to do anyway ;)
use citroen picasso rear levaling sensors as they are very simple to fit as the bracket bolts to the floorpan and has a link rod which can be adapted to fit on the rear arm on the 850 or any car..unless you find some volvo ones which will fit without modification..you got headlight wash already..do they fit hids to the later v70?? if so will the levaling sensors fit from that car along with the headlights and loom.

claymore
Sunday 30th October 2011, 08:08
but unless you can find some glass designd for hid's to fit an 850, you still wont pass the new mot, you must also have a cat, so no more de-cat pipes.

leet5r
Sunday 30th October 2011, 09:43
think am goin to see my tester and see what the crack is about the HIDs and cats.
but the 850 does not have have self leveling lights anyways , is it not a age related issue witht the headlights

jayeastanglia
Sunday 30th October 2011, 13:54
not age related at all..must be e marked as well which none of the kits i have seen have been..
also a few cars will fail the mot in january due to air bag/srs light being on at the moment its just a advisory but come january it will be a fail
cat bypass pipes were a failure now if the emmisions wernt met.but again come january it will fail even if emmisions are met..

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 30th October 2011, 23:06
the 35w's are miles brighter than normal Halogen 50/55w bulbs so certainly wouldn't go for the 55w HID's for your dipped beam, i'm going to try a set of he higher ones for my main beam

So, its light you want eh?

jPKy1KAz8OM

Volvostorm
Sunday 30th October 2011, 23:18
Wow! they are bright, I thought mine were, I've got 55w in mine