PDA

View Full Version : Silver P1 V70R

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 16:59
Hi peoples :)

Names Alex and have been on and off here the past 2 years with a host of T5's but now managed to land myself a manual fwd p1 R with upgraded stereo, winter pack, FSH and black leather/alacantra...finally no wood!!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01719.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01720.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01721.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01722.jpg

Its going to be a fast road project....so no changes to the exterior apart from exhaust will look different and the front grille changed for the mesh one.

I need all the advice I can get with regards to mods...

List so far is:

Rear ARB
Front strut brace
Coilovers - recommendations which wont break the bank!
Upgraded front brakes
A remap
Decat downpipe and exhaust - 2.5" or bigger - again suggestions?
ME7 exhaust manifold
Boost gauge - where is best to house it? a pillar?
Removing towbar

Whats the best setup to run with regards to the recirc dump valve? Block off completely? Run an aftermarket recirc or run a vent to atmosphere bov....?

Alex

T5frankie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 17:24
Hi peoples :)

Names Alex and have been on and off here the past 2 years with a host of T5's but now managed to land myself a manual fwd p1 R with upgraded stereo, winter pack, FSH and black leather/alacantra...finally no wood!!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01719.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01720.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01721.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/DSC01722.jpg

Its going to be a fast road project....so no changes to the exterior apart from exhaust will look different and the front grille changed for the mesh one.

I need all the advice I can get with regards to mods...

List so far is:

Rear ARB
Front strut brace
Coilovers - recommendations which wont break the bank!
Upgraded front brakes
A remap
Decat downpipe and exhaust - 2.5" or bigger - again suggestions?
ME7 exhaust manifold
Boost gauge - where is best to house it? a pillar?
Removing towbar

Whats the best setup to run with regards to the recirc dump valve? Block off completely? Run an aftermarket recirc or run a vent to atmosphere bov....?

Alex

take it out put a blanking plate in its place and get a nice loud dump valve, check out my garage for what i have done

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 17:28
keep me posted on the ECU mate!

Even though i'm only 25 i see dump valves as a little embarassing now, mainly because people turn around expecting to see a skyline or similar and see a standard volvo haha....Then there is the question of which one as forge and baileys are a no go for me.

Where can you buy a good one from which won't upset the running of the car?

Oh and where is your RIP kit from??

T5frankie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 17:51
keep me posted on the ECU mate!

Even though i'm only 25 i see dump valves as a little embarassing now, mainly because people turn around expecting to see a skyline or similar and see a standard volvo haha....Then there is the question of which one as forge and baileys are a no go for me.

Where can you buy a good one from which won't upset the running of the car?

Oh and where is your RIP kit from??

i don't know what you mean why are they no good for you? mines a forge and my car is far from standard so suits it

bigrotch
Saturday 29th October 2011, 18:31
ive got blanking plate with no dv you can here the waiste gate chatter through in open induction lol not asloud as a dv, i know where ya comen from on the dv mate nice looking motor

volvo
Saturday 29th October 2011, 18:48
Lovely looking motor you have there. I did see one on Pistonheads which was local to me, Wiltshire, its not that one is it?

I have a forge dump valve with the full fitting kit if you do want one.

Cheers

T5frankie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 18:53
ive got blanking plate with no dv you can here the waiste gate chatter through in open induction lol not asloud as a dv, i know where ya comen from on the dv mate nice looking motor

wastegate chatter on low boost and loud dump valve on high boost

AndysR
Saturday 29th October 2011, 19:09
Looks like a lovely car and in silver it's quite a subtle machine. Your modifications make me think your switched on and that this car will still be a lovely looking car in years to come with a little added potency to the mix :)

Look forward to reading your updates as they come through.

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 19:57
Lovely looking motor you have there. I did see one on Pistonheads which was local to me, Wiltshire, its not that one is it?

I have a forge dump valve with the full fitting kit if you do want one.

Cheers

Yes it's that very one :)

I just think that its a "ooh look at me noise" rather than something seriously functional. I know all the blarb about quicker spool and slightly sharper throttle but the difference is very minimal on most cars. Unless running silly powers recirc's are always recommended.....at least in the jap scene I have been in for 7 years.....Not trying to tread on toes or insult anyone with one as its personal preference.

I have always found the forge to give off a very boring whoooosh rather than say the hks ssqv or turbosmart etc...

Out of interest if anyone has a sound clip on a v70 to sway my decision otherwise then that would be great!

How much did you want for the kit?

volvo
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:00
I hear you on that one mate. I almost went to view that but i have too many on my drive, thats the only reason i didnt go see it. I must say, from the pics and the advert description, it looks like a smart, genuine motor, good luck with it.

I want £50 posted for it.

Cheers

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:26
Have you got the blanking plate as well bud?

Where in wiltshire are you as I don't mind the drive to collect it to be honest if you would take £40? Could pop over tomorrow.

Up to you...

bigrotch
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:26
I had hks bov on my import wrx and it was a proper noise but still to baseball cap for me

T5frankie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:33
Yes it's that very one :)

I just think that its a "ooh look at me noise" rather than something seriously functional. I know all the blarb about quicker spool and slightly sharper throttle but the difference is very minimal on most cars. Unless running silly powers recirc's are always recommended.....at least in the jap scene I have been in for 7 years.....Not trying to tread on toes or insult anyone with one as its personal preference.

I have always found the forge to give off a very boring whoooosh rather than say the hks ssqv or turbosmart etc...

Out of interest if anyone has a sound clip on a v70 to sway my decision otherwise then that would be great!

How much did you want for the kit?

all the the noises on mine are awesome, extremely loud when flooring it

Jamest5r
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:37
Nice motor :)

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 20:42
Looked at a few youtube vids and it doesn't sound too shabby....

What filters are most of you running? K&n panel or other induction kits? I'm tempted by just a panel but wonder if it won't be good enough for 300bhp+ when I eventually get there!

T5frankie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:02
Looked at a few youtube vids and it doesn't sound too shabby....

What filters are most of you running? K&n panel or other induction kits? I'm tempted by just a panel but wonder if it won't be good enough for 300bhp+ when I eventually get there!

the youtube vids are taken off my phone and don't do the sound justice, i'm running a group a cosworth pipercross induction kit

volvo
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:03
T5Rookie...i have sent you a PM

AndysR
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:03
Some will say drop in filter with standard airbox and others will say induction kit. It's all really personal preference. I'm running a BSR induction kit on mine for what it's worth.

LiamT4
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:06
Nice, like the sticker in the rear window too.

volvo
Saturday 29th October 2011, 21:41
T5Rookie...you have PM

Cheers

T5rookie
Saturday 29th October 2011, 22:03
So whats the deal with lowering the R models....The main thing i'm not clued up on is the suspension....Does the p1 have self leveling rear?

I'm after fast road handling so think rear arb, front strut brace and some lowering springs may be suffiecient to maintain ride comfort and good handling.....

What kit can I get for the R as I have looked on partsforvolvos uk and can't see a kit that will fit the p1 R....

bigrotch
Saturday 29th October 2011, 22:03
ive got bsr induction sound is nice mate

LiamT4
Saturday 29th October 2011, 22:12
So whats the deal with lowering the R models....The main thing i'm not clued up on is the suspension....Does the p1 have self leveling rear?

I'm after fast road handling so think rear arb, front strut brace and some lowering springs may be suffiecient to maintain ride comfort and good handling.....

What kit can I get for the R as I have looked on partsforvolvos uk and can't see a kit that will fit the p1 R....

Some have self levelling. The suspension on the rear looks quite different if it has.
If you can't tell by looking under the car, then put some weight in the back and go for a short drive, when you get back if the rear is still at the same hight then you'll know.

I'v been told by many people now that a good all round suspension is the koni sport adjustables (yellows). They are what i would get for my s70r.

AndysR
Saturday 29th October 2011, 22:15
I've got the Koni sport adjustables on mine along with front and rear IPD antiroll bars and front upper strut brace and I still find the ride comfortable but also now nicely composed as well.

T5rookie
Wednesday 9th November 2011, 00:17
discovered she's wearing ipd drop links today whilst on the ramps which is a nice surprise!

Making enquiries to Timo at the moment too :)