PDA

View Full Version : V70R modifications

Pauld
Thursday 27th October 2011, 16:24
There is some fantastic information posted on their forum, and as a newbie to Volvo's great to read.

However, what is lacking if a definite list of modifications, with relevant part numbers.

I have spoken to my local dealer about XC90 drive shaft bolts and he gave me a weird look and came back with a wheel bolt!

It is work for someone but a list of recommended mods would be extremely helpful and something I would be willing to pay for!

Thanks in advance

Regards

volvokid
Thursday 27th October 2011, 20:29
My car is in getting everything checked out that lee stated, they are even going to fit aftermarket parts (the poly bushes) I wast sure if they would, but they refuse to fit the XC90 bolts

graemewelch
Friday 28th October 2011, 17:34
what knid of mods are you looking to do. body styling, suspension or tune up the engine

t5_monkey
Friday 28th October 2011, 18:42
Here's the classic mods ... in order of value for money (in my opinion)

- Strut Brace
- Full Polybushing (awesome upgrade)
- Braided brake lines
- Bilstein B8 Dampers and Eibach Springs (not too hard for road use)
- IPD rear roll bar
- Good Leightweight wheels with top rubber (17" OZ's ST's with Conti CS3 here
- New Droplinks and topmounts

Note none of them are to do with power!

volvokid
Friday 28th October 2011, 19:39
this is the bolt you need
XC90 Driveshaft Bolt, x2: [30714142 x2]

LeeT5
Monday 31st October 2011, 00:54
As said before, i wouldn't waste my money on Braided brake lines. Volvo ones on the Rs are reinforced on the inside so you won't gain any brake performance over stock.

LeeT5
Monday 31st October 2011, 00:56
There is some fantastic information posted on their forum, and as a newbie to Volvo's great to read.

However, what is lacking if a definite list of modifications, with relevant part numbers.

I have spoken to my local dealer about XC90 drive shaft bolts and he gave me a weird look and came back with a wheel bolt!

It is work for someone but a list of recommended mods would be extremely helpful and something I would be willing to pay for!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Its all in the wording.....

If you had asked for XC90 center Hub/ CV bolts then they would have known what you meant.