PDA

View Full Version : S40 T4 Ignition HELP

Slomo
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:15
Hi everyone

I ahve an issue with my T4 :(

If I turn the ignition on and start the car it is ok, but if I turn the key to turn it off the engine still runs even with the key removed??? I have to stall the car to turn it off...

I have replaced the ignition key barrel thingy and it is still the same :( any other ideas???

Slomo

LiamT4
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:27
Bloody hell, this happend to my mate a while back. Can't remember at the minute.

I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow.

Slomo
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:28
Please do as it is very annoying and I have no idea at the moment... Volvo in Reading are useless as well :(

Slomo

LiamT4
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:30
Please do as it is very annoying and I have no idea at the moment... Volvo in Reading are useless as well :(

Slomo

Dissapointed i can't remember to be honest. Don't think it was an expensive problem in the end.

Slomo
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:31
Thanks. Any help much appreciated... Really miss driving the T4 at the moment :(

Slomo
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 21:56
anyone????

LiamT4
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 22:01
anyone????

Sorry mate, forgot to say, i couldn't get hold of him today. Will do my best tommorrow.

LiamT4
Thursday 27th October 2011, 20:37
Asked him today, but can't really help. I thought he'd fixed it and then sold the car, but turns he he just broke it and sold it for parts.

Sorry.

Haizum74
Tuesday 8th November 2011, 22:47
Had a search ont web and remembered I had posted a link to an FAQ. Might help or at least a start.

http://www.swedishautoparts.com/S40/Volvo-S40-faqs.html#Engine+Continues+to+Run+After+Switching+ it+Off