PDA

View Full Version : actuator balance

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:29
hi guys im having a mare with this new actuator ,, ive turned mbc right out so should be no boost and ajusted act . ive got it so if i move act arn in one turn ive got massive boost about 20+psi but if i move it out a turn i get lots of turbo lag then bang up to 20 psi cant seem to get it below that ,,,,,,, any ideas before the shot gun comes out ,,,, cheers

merc85
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:41
hi guys im having a mare with this new actuator ,, ive turned mbc right out so should be no boost and ajusted act . ive got it so if i move act arn in one turn ive got massive boost about 20+psi but if i move it out a turn i get lots of turbo lag then bang up to 20 psi cant seem to get it below that ,,,,,,, any ideas before the shot gun comes out ,,,, cheers

I'm Finkin you have got a 20psi actuator? min setting. cant you do half a turn? then wind the mbc in

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:43
yeah gunna try that tomoz as every time i need to move it i have to let it bloody cool down lol lol lol many a burnt wrist this week ,,,, but cant stop smilling lol

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:44
Sounds like you've either got a split diaphragm in the actuator or you've got a vac leak from one of the vac pipes which is preventing the actuator from doing its job properly. Have you got any means of applying vac or pressure to the actuator for about 5 mins with the engine off to see if the actuator holds pressure or vac?

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:46
Sounds like you've either got a split diaphragm in the actuator or you've got a vac leak from one of the vac pipes which is preventing the actuator from doing its job properly. Have you got any means of applying vac or pressure to the actuator for about 5 mins with the engine off to see if the actuator holds pressure or vac?

andy its a brand new actuator ,,, and all the pipes are new to , so i dont know just have to keep playing with it

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:47
andy its a brand new actuator ,,, and all the pipes are new to , so i dont know just have to keep playing with it

Is it the right one then? I trust all the vac pipes are the right way round?

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:47
i cant even push the rod in by hand so i think the pressure is fine ,lol

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:49
Is it the right one then? I trust all the vac pipes are the right way round?

it does look a bit bigger than my old one lol think i just need to kkep plkaying aroung and been carefull with the loud pedal

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:49
i cant even push the rod in by hand so i think the pressure is fine ,lol

You shouldn't be able to push the rod in when the actuator is unused as it should be fully retracted...

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:51
it does look a bit bigger than my old one lol think i just need to kkep plkaying aroung and been carefull with the loud pedal

How does it boost without the mbc fitted and just the cars own solenoid plumbed in?

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:52
How does it boost without the mbc fitted and just the cars own solenoid plumbed in?

dont know i need to fined out where all the pipes go as mine are all red lol and im thick lol

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:01
dont know i need to fined out where all the pipes go as mine are all red lol and im thick lol

It maybe worth checking which pipes go to where then ;) lol

merc85
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:05

Hope this helps buddy

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:07

Hope this helps buddy

That image won't help, none of the pipes are red........ lol

merc85
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:10
That image won't help, none of the pipes are red........ lol

The solenoid only goes in it's holder 1 way.

So he should be able to see the top feed and the bottom feed.

AndysR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:11
The solenoid only goes in it's holder 1 way.

So he should be able to see the top feed and the bottom feed.

I was joking ;)

merc85
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:15
I was joking ;)

Shall I ask him to paint the lines all white with a black outline then lol

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:21
That's it you lot just laugh at me in my time of need lol lol

shrekblackR
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:23
Thanks Gav very usefull mate only need 2 as I've got blanking plate on

shrekblackR
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 11:04
Ok took out mbc and running it just on standard controller with rica I think it should boost at about 12to 14 psi ,,,, am I right ??? If so I'll adjust actuator to that then put mbc back on lol

shrekblackR
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 12:43
First run with no mbc ran 22psi Ffs

shrekblackR
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 15:10
Second run bang !!!! Bottom end gone not bloody happy now

danny-R
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 16:36

Not good mate, I feel your pain :(

T5frankie
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 16:38

**** mate

shrekblackR
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:06
Gunna take sump off on friday and see what's gone . I know it's not rods lol

merc85
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:24
Gunna take sump off on friday and see what's gone . I know it's not rods lol

As i said in previous post, 20psi actuator Bud. :(

Damm man, She was quick.

Keep us posted

T5frankie
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:29
As i said in previous post, 20psi actuator Bud. :(

Damm man, She was quick.

Keep us posted

i ran mine at 22psi for months just got to not put your foot down before 4000rpms

merc85
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:32
i ran mine at 22psi for months just got to not put your foot down before 4000rpms

On a Auto frankie it dont help, only gotta twitch ya right foot to much an BANG! doh

T5frankie
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:33
On a Auto frankie it dont help, only gotta twitch ya right foot to much an BANG! doh

whos got a non performance auto lol?

merc85
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:35
whos got a non performance auto lol?

The above, Deffo non performance now.

T5frankie
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 18:39
The above, Deffo non performance now.

if you want a fast auto get a v70 t5 auto with a remap and leave it at that i had a 1999 me7 v70 t5 se and standard it hit 159mph on the clock wicked motor that was

Jamest5r
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 19:23
Sorry to hear that mate.

Ive got a complete block and auto box with 126,000 on it that im about to scrap from the Mrs 850, valve seals gone but you could put the head off your's on if you want to come and drop it out you can have the lot for £75. Was a great runner 14.6 on the 1/4 :)

shrekblackR
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 23:37
Sorry to hear that mate.

Ive got a complete block and auto box with 126,000 on it that im about to scrap from the Mrs 850, valve seals gone but you could put the head off your's on if you want to come and drop it out you can have the lot for £75. Was a great runner 14.6 on the 1/4 :)

Cheers buddy it's just getting up to you from Southend mate

Jim S70R
Thursday 27th October 2011, 01:08

S##t buddy really sorry to hear that, hope you can get it sorted with little hassle.

bigrotch
Thursday 27th October 2011, 01:42
Mate that's a bxxtch fella hope it ant as bad as it sounds keep us posted

AndysR
Thursday 27th October 2011, 12:43
Ouch! That's not good, hope you can get it sorted soon. While your repairing it, easy to say now I know but, might be worth checking there are no holes or leaks in the vac lines to the actuator and as Merc said get the actuator checked out especially of it went pop with just the BCS fitted as the ECU should have some form of overboost protection to prevent the boost pressures exceeding an upper limit that is unless the HLM maps don't have an upper boost limit protection?

merc85
Thursday 27th October 2011, 14:01
Ouch! That's not good, hope you can get it sorted soon. While your repairing it, easy to say now I know but, might be worth checking there are no holes or leaks in the vac lines to the actuator and as Merc said get the actuator checked out especially of it went pop with just the BCS fitted as the ECU should have some form of overboost protection to prevent the boost pressures exceeding an upper limit that is unless the HLM maps don't have an upper boost limit protection?

Hi Andy, I was told my "Hlm Map" didnt have over boost Protection, Nor Speed limiter, and rev limit increase.

AndysR
Thursday 27th October 2011, 14:37
Hi Andy, I was told my "Hlm Map" didnt have over boost Protection, Nor Speed limiter, and rev limit increase.

Oh really then you guys really need to be careful when your tinkering with your mbcs....