PDA

View Full Version : Boost soloneid vac pipes help needed

T4Rick
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 20:12
After doing my engine conversion and getting it running i think i have the boost soloneid pipes on the wrong way round.Can anyone tell me what goes where please my t5 isnt boosting as it should

M-R-P
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 20:33
The pipe on the back of the solenoid, wher the wires go in is the feed from the compressor. the one pointing the other way (out the front) is the return to the air inlet pipe, by the PCV nipple, the one at 90 degrees is the w/g actuator pipe.
(I think lol) :)

LiamT4
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 20:44
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/dmsee/d3ubcslines-1.jpg

That should be the one for the 850s, slightly different bcv on my s70.

M-R-P
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 21:07
Oops, sorry mate, forgot, your bcs don't look like mine! :(

T4Rick
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:00
are the boost control soloneid known for being not working?my t5 feels like its not boosting like it should,it boosts a little but not the full effect

Mongo
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:27
If you unplug the electronic boost controler it should run 0.5 bar if its running more its working if you have a cone filter that sometimes stops it boosting correctly it did on mine anyway if so take it off and have a test run just illiminate a few possibilities!!

T4Rick
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 22:37
So if it doesnt hit over 0.5bar its knackered?

LiamT4
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:00
So if it doesnt hit over 0.5bar its knackered?

Sorry to say but there are a few things that can cause boost issues.

Start on the simplest things, like swapping the bcv with one that you know works and checking how tight the actuator is, that sort of stuff.

T4Rick
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 15:10
Sorry to say but there are a few things that can cause boost issues.

Start on the simplest things, like swapping the bcv with one that you know works and checking how tight the actuator is, that sort of stuff.

Thanks for your reply lol.I dont have another soloneid to try,and i went to volvo in manchester today and they want £70 plus vat and have to order it from sweeden.One thing i could look at is the actuator for tightness.The turbo i got was from my mates T5-R he had his mate swap parts about so it could well have been played with for all i no.I do have an mbc if its the case the soloneid is tired but ive heard alsorts of ways of plumbing it in and i would need pictures of some ones set up of what goes where

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 15:35
bcs went on mine £54+vat from volvo in wales...what part of manchester are you mate i go 2 sheffield a lot of late so 2 drop by and try mine would be no prob...this week end is good 4 me....hopefullly...

T4Rick
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 16:03
bcs went on mine £54+vat from volvo in wales...what part of manchester are you mate i go 2 sheffield a lot of late so 2 drop by and try mine would be no prob...this week end is good 4 me....hopefullly...

Gorton.I dont no where volvo get there prices from though,you got yours from 54quid plus vat mine was 70 plus vat?

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 16:31
got mine was in jan...will drop u a pm if passin that way and try it mate..

T4Rick
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 16:49
Ok mate.I do have a mbc with 3 ports coming off it a gated one .If i had a diagram or pictures i could bypass it for the time being