PDA

View Full Version : bba reman

alan
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 12:54
just wondering if anybody has used bba reman for a throtle body repair, mine has gone again and dont fancy paying volvo any more money. if i get it repaired does it need to be reprogrammed?

also is there any way of repairing this myself ( i am fairly handy)

regards

alan

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 13:08
i've always heard good things about there DIM unit repairs. I thought for there ETM repair they replace the analogue unit with a digital component to safe any future problems

Dave86
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 13:36
Someone did mention to me about bba when my etm packed up but never really looked into them that much i went to xemodex they're a company in Canada and although they're a bit expensive (about £550 including import tax and postage) im very happy with my new unit you just give them your vin number and the number on the unit and they send you the unit pre-programmed to your car with a new genuine volvo gasket. Their unit uses a digital sensor as opposed to the standard analogue one. Also comes with a 2 or 3 year warranty (can't remember which) and the staff are very helpful.

www.xemodex.com

hope this helps :-)
Dave

p fandango
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 13:50
Someone did mention to me about bba when my etm packed up but never really looked into them that much i went to xemodex they're a company in Canada and although they're a bit expensive (about £550 including import tax and postage) im very happy with my new unit you just give them your vin number and the number on the unit and they send you the unit pre-programmed to your car with a new genuine volvo gasket. Their unit uses a digital sensor as opposed to the standard analogue one. Also comes with a 2 or 3 year warranty (can't remember which) and the staff are very helpful.

www.xemodex.com
sounds like i'm getting them mixed up then, bet BBA just repair your old one

Yosser
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 16:31
There was a thread about this on VOC recently, not all good IIRC.

EDIT - here it is http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=126192

alan
Thursday 27th October 2011, 18:39
thats worrying reading, the thing thats putting me towards bba is that i am about 2 hours from a volvo garage.