PDA

View Full Version : Xc90 radio problems

aussiedom
Monday 24th October 2011, 20:58
Hi all im new to this forum so hope ive posted this in the correct area. Some assistance would be much appreciated. Ive just purchased my first xc90 and am having problems with the stereo. I have the high performance sound system and when the car is turned in it powers up and plays fine then after a couple of minutes it completely shuts down and the radio stays dead until i turn the car off and restart it. I had it looked at today by a volvo dealer who said there is no fault coming up but you need a new set and they are unrepairable as they are fibre optic units. Can any one suggest a repairer or anywhere i can purchase a used unit as i simply cannot justify the £900 price tag they have asked for. Their must be another option any suggestion would be really appreciated.

M-R-P
Monday 24th October 2011, 21:21
Welcome to the club, and welcome to volvo ownership, 900 quid for a stereo, 735 quid for a speedo, 150 quid for an alarm module etc.
Best advice I can give you is to get a third party double dim system, professionally fitted. will cost half as much as a volvo unit. Shame you can't do that with the speedo!:(

aussiedom
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 12:55
Double dim is that an after market system and would it be compatible with the rear entertainment front and rear pdc and high performance sound pack as i am being told it has to be a factory unit to work the juke box

M-R-P
Tuesday 25th October 2011, 13:20
Double dim is that an after market system and would it be compatible with the rear entertainment front and rear pdc and high performance sound pack as i am being told it has to be a factory unit to work the juke box

Hmm, good question. Might be best to go to a car audio shop and see if they can sell you a compatible system. You gotta lot of gear hooked up in there and I wouldn't know what can and can't be swapped/spliced.