PDA

View Full Version : Gasket paste

Mongo
Monday 24th October 2011, 07:26
Hi all ive noticed there is no gasket between sump and indipendant block and main block and cam cover im asuming its a pate ive heard its a roll on liqid where do i get this volvo? Or is there an aftermarket option?
Thanks

smithy
Monday 24th October 2011, 09:43
Hi all ive noticed there is no gasket between sump and indipendant block and main block and cam cover im asuming its a pate ive heard its a roll on liqid where do i get this volvo? Or is there an aftermarket option?
Thanks

its expensive but the volvo chemical gasket is the only way to go.

rikcougar
Monday 24th October 2011, 10:09
Wurth do a grey silicon rtv which several oems use (including Cummins)

Must be the grey one though, all the rest are c**p

Rufe
Monday 24th October 2011, 10:16
We can supply the genuine Volvo chemical gasket if required. It's a pinky-red colour that Volvo use.

Your right though Smithy, it's not cheap as it retails at £35.04, and we sell it at 18% off retail price bringing it down to £28.74 including vat (Plus £2.50 postage, Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery).

If interested in ordering please call us on either of the telephone numbers in my signature below, remembering to quote C3 when calling so who ever you speak to knows that you are an online customer.

Simon :)

Mongo
Monday 24th October 2011, 12:02
We can supply the genuine Volvo chemical gasket if required. It's a pinky-red colour that Volvo use.

Your right though Smithy, it's not cheap as it retails at £35.04, and we sell it at 18% off retail price bringing it down to £28.74 including vat (Plus £2.50 postage, Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery).

If interested in ordering please call us on either of the telephone numbers in my signature below, remembering to quote C3 when calling so who ever you speak to knows that you are an online customer.

Simon :)

Thanks simon ill be in touch soon