PDA

View Full Version : driver window stopped working......

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:25
hey folks its been a while since i posted on here hope ya'll ok

got a wee problem-i went to my car yesterday morning and everything was fine,the window worked no problem,i parked the car up for 6 hours then when i got in it last night to go work the drivers window wont go up or down

the light in the switch works and when you press it the lights go dim so its got power but no movement,the passenger window works fine.....any ideas?

the window has never been slow going up and down so i cant see it being the motor,also in front of the switch is a button which locks the car from the inside could i have pressed this would this have summat to do with the window?

cheers-matt

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 15:36
anyone?

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 15:37
what car you got?

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 18:47
what car you got?

sorry bud its a 1997 c70 t5 gt

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 18:59
ok it will probably just be the switch just the drivers button they always break inside in fact i need a new one myself is your window still open?

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:01
ok it will probably just be the switch just the drivers button they always break inside in fact i need a new one myself is your window still open?

no its fully shut,the green backlite is still on in the switch and when you press it the lights go dim so its trying to power

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:17
are the cables common to breaking inside? i hope not cos people want silly money for second hand units

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:20
put a live and earth from the battery directly to the motor see if it goes down and lifts up

big shrek
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:26
put a live and earth from the battery directly to the motor see if it goes down and lifts up

will do,i sh imagine that if the cables have snapped i would hear some movement inside the door when i press the switch but im not hearing anything at all just an odd click from the switch as you hold it down