PDA

View Full Version : v70 ph1 Clocks into 855 t5

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:02
Hi, does or can anyone give me a quick run down on how to fit/remove the instrument cluster from my 855 t5.

HAve bought some v70 ph1 160mph clocks, i know i have to take the top of the dash off but where are the screw's and clips located?

Any help much appreciated.

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:06
Why do you need 160 mph clocks for your car surely 140mph ones would suffice lol

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:09
Why do you need 160 mph clocks for your car surely 140mph ones would suffice lol

Because it's Red Frankie and we all Know Red 855's are quicker than v70's lol

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:12
Because it's Red Frankie and we all Know Red 855's are quicker than v70's lol

At least I can look at my interior without throwing up in my mouth lol

bigrotch
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:14
well its deffo faster than the little saffron saloon ones think they are could s70r or something like that, never really spend enough time behind them to notice! pmsl

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:18
well its deffo faster than the little saffron saloon ones think they are could s70r or something like that, never really spend enough time behind them to notice! pmsl

But mine has many many mods to counteract the extra weight a v70 has lol, what turbo you have again?

volvo
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:21
lol....

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:21
But mine has many many mods to counteract the extra weight a v70 has lol, what turbo you have again?

I tiny ickle 15g strapped to old 150k 2319cc engine, in turn mounted in a old 7 seater estate.

volvo
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:23
glad you guys got back ok...i see!

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:27
I tiny ickle 15g strapped to old 150k 2319cc engine, in turn mounted in a old 7 seater estate.

Snap mine is a 7 seater too, I was up your way today in colchester picking up the new v40 turbo

bigrotch
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:27
its nice and quite you wont hear it go past ya as here ant got a poly bush top mount (andysR) pmsl

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:31
its nice and quite you wont hear it go past ya as here ant got a poly bush top mount (andysR) pmsl

you won't get past me bruv :eclipsee_

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:32
Snap mine is a 7 seater too, I was up your way today in colchester picking up the new v40 turbo

Damm Frankie, Picking up ie Bought, or Transporting one? Woulda loved to have seen the Fastest R! in the west.

bigrotch
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:35
must admit id like to have seen it aswell

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:36
you won't get past me bruv :eclipsee_

Well Rotch, now his got a v40 he may have a point lol

bigrotch
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:39
thats just cheating pmsl if he puts them together he might make a proper one pmsl

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:40
Damm Frankie, Picking up ie Bought, or Transporting one? Woulda loved to have seen the Fastest R! in the west.

Bought the missus it to replace one of my rovers that won't start, I was in my rover anyway as the r blew the oil cooler pipe off yesterday so awaiting new clips and the v40 is really slow so won't be getting passed anyone in that lol

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:43
Bought the missus it to replaced one of my rovers that won't start, I was in my rover anyway as the r blew the oil cooler pipe off yesterday so awaiting new clips and the v40 is really slow so won't be getting passed anyone in that lol

OH S&*e is the R ok buddy? how much oil did ya loose?

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:45
OH S&*e is the R ok buddy? how much oil did ya loose?

luckily i was just puling into my street so only went about 75 metres lucky cos if i was out on the open road my new engine would have went bang already

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:49
thats just cheating pmsl if he puts them together he might make a proper one pmsl

and the previous owner stuck an r after the v40 so it says V40R, numpty

merc85
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:52
Doh... oh well guess you will be degreasing the engine bay tomorrow then, Jizzer is Good.

I always worry about those bloomin clips, i put a tie's round mine just in case.

I'm needing a new rad soon so will also be doing the clips to.

bigrotch
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 21:53

pmsl

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 22:04
Doh... oh well guess you will be degreasing the engine bay tomorrow then, Jizzer is Good.

I always worry about those bloomin clips, i put a tie's round mine just in case.

I'm needing a new rad soon so will also be doing the clips to.

it was the bottom one so went all over the ground mostly and they both have ties on too

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 22:12

maybe they were going for that r-design look. lol

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 22:17
maybe they were going for that r-design look. lol

yeah complete with 17" tsw's lol

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 03:16

Really which one would that be???

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:43
Really which one would that be???

think he means you mate lol

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:48
think he means you mate lol

Deffo faster than the little saffron saloon mhhh got some bad news.....it ain't!!

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:49
Deffo faster than the little saffron saloon mhhh got some bad news.....it ain't!!

yours was quite quick at avon for an auto wasnt it?

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:52
yours was quite quick at avon for an auto wasnt it?

It's not bad, could of been better lol ;) though I'm only running an off the shelf chip and exhaust.

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 10:58
It's not bad, could of been better lol ;) though I'm only running an off the shelf chip and exhaust.

did you put your time on the 1/4 mile leaderboard?

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 11:14
did you put your time on the 1/4 mile leaderboard?

Nah I don't think I did, I'll wait till I try it again lol

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:38

Lol, Those flames from your zoost looked ace, just as i went passed

LiamT4
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:47

Thats sounds like he was coming off the throttle.

When you gonna bring this car to avon then?

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:48

Bless him he was faster than me but when the red devil was eating it's little saffys arse off to get out the way and spitting flames, then the moose let loose and went past it, it did look good!!! good old 855....... But that
Saffy went round that round about like it was on rails it was very very impressive

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 19:55
Thats sounds like he was coming off the throttle.

Correct!!

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:01
Bless him he was faster than me but when the red devil was eating it's little saffys arse off to get out the way and spitting flames, then the moose let loose and went past it, it did look good!!! good old 855....... But that
Saffy went round that round about like it was on rails it was very very impressive

Don't get me wrong guys but like Liam said the flames only come from the exhaust after 4-5 secs of me coming off the go pedal completey. There is no shadow of a doubt that mercs car goes very well but he couldnt get passed me till I let him! (by coming off the throttle)

Sod Avon, any race track any time...

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:04
Don't get me wrong guys but like Liam said the flames only come from the exhaust after 4-5 secs of me coming off the go pedal completey. There is no shadow of a doubt that mercs car goes very well but he couldnt get passed me till I let him! (by coming off the throttle)

Pmsl mate he was all over you like a red rash while u was given it some oh and while u was letting off throttle....lol It's ok we won't tell anyone else don't worry pmsl

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:07

no offence taken, you car looks the nuts and handles the same, just aint as quick as a RED 855 lol

LiamT4
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:10

Sounds like my old t4, get the revs high then let off the throttle and a few seconds later theres a nice spit of flame out the back. lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:11
shame i wasnt there there could of overtaken you all in one big gold flash lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:12
Sounds like my old t4, get the revs high then let off the throttle and a few seconds later theres a nice spit of flame out the back. lol

i got told mine spat flames too

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:12

Shoulda seen it liam, Looked ace buddy

Jim S70R
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:13
no offence taken, you car looks the nuts and handles the same, just aint as quick as a RED 855 lol

Non taken at all m8 just abit a keyboard banter....

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:14
shame i wasnt there there could of overtaken you all in one big gold flash lol

You sure thats Gold not Brown lmfao (only joking) doh!

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:16
you sure thats gold not brown lmfao (only joking) doh!

fknpmsl

LiamT4
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:19
i got told mine spat flames too

Yes, should point out thats what i was told, never actaully got to see it, heard it though!

Shoulda seen it liam, Looked ace buddy

Always good to see, especially from a volvo as people don't expect it.

I bet claymores would pop a flame with the amount of fuel his engine is spitting into the exhaust. lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:20
fknpmsl

are you 2 lovers lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:21
Yes, should point out thats what i was told, never actaully got to see it, heard it though!

Always good to see, especially from a volvo as people don't expect it.

I bet claymores would pop a flame with the amount of fuel his engine is spitting into the exhaust. lol

heard what my car? thats cos its so quick like the speed of sound it can sound like its in one place but in reality its already long gone lol

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:23
oh SH&* our secrets out pmsl, two Gay Gav's, Man Loves rule ok, lol or somfing like that.

Just dont tell the wife, child maintance on 4 kids would be more expensive than owning a t5 lol

LiamT4
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:24
heard what my car? thats cos its so quick like the speed of sound it can sound like its in one place but in reality its already long gone lol

lol. My last t4.

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:27
oh SH&* our secrets out pmsl, two Gay Gav's, Man Loves rule ok, lol or somfing like that.

Just dont tell the wife, child maintance on 4 kids would be more expensive than owning a t5 lol

i know all about child maintenance mate too much money lol

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:38
are you 2 lovers lol

Oh don't tell everyone but looking at the facts it don't loom good for the wifes lol
Both called Gav
Both live in HARWICH (deliverance comes tomind lol)
Both got 855 t5
Both got a child with same name
Don't look good for us bud might aswell just go all out and bareback it live on the forum.... Pmsl

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:43
Oh don't tell everyone but looking at the facts it don't loom good for the wifes lol
Both called Gav
Both live in HARWICH (deliverance comes tomind lol)
Both got 855 t5
Both got a child with same name
Don't look good for us bud might aswell just go all out and bareback it live on the forum.... Pmsl

Oh dear, it aint looking good is it lmfao

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:47
It wont look anybetter with a tattooed covered skinhead allover that's for certain pmsl

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:56
both of you should come to avon next sunday see some proper volvos lol

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:58
both of you should come to avon next sunday see some proper volvos lol

Love to Buddy, But i'm Busy Fitting a BIGGER Turbo to someone's 855 t5 pmsl

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 20:59
Love to Buddy, But i'm Busy Fitting a BIGGER Turbo to someone's 855 t5 pmsl

HEY! BIGROTCH! what are you doing next sunday?? lol

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:04
Mmmm bigger turboooooooooo mmmmmm as for Avon I've sin one saffy owner go away crying and spitting his dumby out oh I mean flames lol so I don't want to see another one lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:06
Mmmm bigger turboooooooooo mmmmmm as for Avon I've sin one saffy owner go away crying and spitting his dumby out oh I mean flames lol so I don't want to see another one lol

among all these fast 850's its nice to see a quick v70 in there there aint many

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:12
among all these fast 850's its nice to see a quick v70 in there there aint many
id love to see ya car in action mate ive heard its a animal

AndysR
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:18

??

Pmsl mate he was all over you like a red rash while u was given it some oh and while u was letting off throttle....lol It's ok we won't tell anyone else don't worry pmsl

From a number of cars in the distance behind, which is where you were and I wasn't, that may have looked like that...

Strange..

Anyway, Once upon a time......

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:23
nice to see you caught up agian pmsl andysr bout time u brought yr little gem of a volvo out to play in it lol

AndysR
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:26
nice to see you caught up agian pmsl andysr bout time u brought yr little gem of a volvo out to play in it lol

Be good for a laugh but you'll need more than a bigger turbo chap ;) lol

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:28
Be good for a laugh but you'll need more than a bigger turbo chap ;) lol
very true mate but i just want to see it as ive heard its so clean its unreal lol

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:30
id love to see ya car in action mate ive heard its a animal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPJelVziEE&feature=related

Rotch it is Buddy

AndysR
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:32
very true mate but i just want to see it as ive heard its so clean its unreal lol

It's not too bad tbh I am more of a clean freak than a who's quicker type person... I don't like going fast because of the risk of stone chips lol

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:32

Rotch it is Buddy

lol my only defeat of the day and everybody loses to dean lol

merc85
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:35
lol my only defeat of the day and everybody loses to dean lol

Frankie Your car absolutly flies Buddy respect, But Damm that 850's quick lol.

bigrotch
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:37
yumyum proper naughty machines

T5frankie
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 21:38

Rotch it is Buddy

there are better ones like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=wK1VvhtPQME

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=hr3ogbc9Kag