PDA

View Full Version : Rica soft loader

volvokid
Friday 21st October 2011, 19:17
What's everyones view on them, would prefer info from people that have used them, and what's the difference from doing it yourself and taking it to a tuning shop? Is it not just the same end result? I'm not travling 100's of miles if there's no difference.

p fandango
Friday 21st October 2011, 19:25
What's everyones view on them, would prefer info from people that have used them, and what's the difference from doing it yourself and taking it to a tuning shop? Is it not just the same end result? I'm not travling 100's of miles if there's no difference.
if your just intending to borrow the softloader to get your car mapped, then the only difference between you doing it & taking it to the tuner is they'll give the car a check over & make sure everything is ok

i do like the idea of purchasing the unit so you can swop & change between maps, i think there a bit expensive tho

volvokid
Friday 21st October 2011, 19:27
if your just intending to borrow the softloader to get your car mapped, then the only difference between you doing it & taking it to the tuner is they'll give the car a check over & make sure everything is ok

i do like the idea of purchasing the unit so you can swop & change between maps, i think there a bit expensive tho

More expensive than taking it to a tuner? Sorry for the short reply I'm always on here using my phone lol

p fandango
Friday 21st October 2011, 19:35
More expensive than taking it to a tuner? Sorry for the short reply I'm always on here using my phone lol
i was referring to purchasing the softloader as expensive. I've not had a remap myself, but i understand you pay a deposit (ie cost of the softloader) which they then send you with the appropriate map on, you obviously get the money back once you've returned the softloader

Santa
Friday 21st October 2011, 21:16
Softloaders are only £100. I haven't updated mine for a while but I think you can read codes with the latest firmware. (Can someone confirm?)

Jaseb77
Friday 21st October 2011, 22:48
I purchased one for the S80. Was only circa 100. Simple and can change maps, delete dtc's etc. You get update for 2 years afaik, for your maps.
Tune feels just as good as taking it to tuner.

Also can be used with some assistance by rica I believe for future volvo's I will have.
Plan on a C30 D5 next year to add to the collection

M-R-P
Friday 21st October 2011, 23:40
So, where can one get one of these 100 quid softloaders and is that the only cost?

Jaseb77
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 17:16
Rica,
Turbo-tuner

Unfortunately you need to buy the maps too. £450+