PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifold replacement

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 21st October 2011, 16:12
Hi all, I have a slight split one of the outlet pipes on the exhastmanifold. I have feild repaired this a number of times, but as always it never lasts.
so I think I'll have to replace the dam thing.
any one done this ? is it a fair easy job I have looked at it and pics of the new ones with lots of bolts holes, and very little space to play !! :-(
I have seen different prices from £98.00 just for the manifold to £150 ish for manifold and all fittings.
all advice with many thanks
:-)

claymore
Friday 21st October 2011, 16:32
is this for a turbo or na? although i suppose it's the same for both, it's not difficult, just time consuming and fiddly, as for the price of the manifold, just put a wanted post up on here, if its an 850 t5, I'v got a standard manifold your welcome to.

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 21st October 2011, 16:37
its a 2.0i valve mate. all ones I found on fleabay state 2.4 - 2.5 20valve nothing about mine lol
I guess it could be same but its risky if there is a slight differnce. I have mailed sellers on fleabay but never got a reply

Shortbusdriver1969
Saturday 19th November 2011, 16:05
Job done, quite easy just a few nuts/bolts been a bit difficult. but all done and dusted car sounds great now.
Oh looks like the split on one of the manifold pipes is a common fault when top mount perishes, and engine moves under power, causes pressure on manifold and it cracks,
as one I took of another 850 at U-pull it was starting to crack, I checked tghe top mount and that had had its day. so one to look out for ;-)