PDA

View Full Version : 960 throttle body

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:04
hello all ive purchased a 960 throttle body to fit on my 850 and ive attempted see how it fits to a spare inlet manifold.ive adjusted the rod that runs from the throttle body to the accelerator drum to its full length but there isnt enough adjustment to leave the butterfly on the TB fully closed leaving it open slightly

its only slightly open i was wondering if anybody else had had this issue

im going to try and make a longer link bar i reckon that would sort it

any help from other people who have done this mod would be great

cheers james

WOODY T5
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:12
Ad this prob with mind mate try putting the linkage off your old throttle body that should work.

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:17
Ad this prob with mind mate try putting the linkage off your old throttle body that should work.

hi cheers for the reply am already using the link off the 850 manifold??

unless i try the link that is on my car at moment?

t5 pete
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:27
Hey James if you bring it through one day ill have a look for you also when ur ordering the gaskets can you order me a set please and ill give.you the money.

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:29
Hey James if you bring it through one day ill have a look for you also when ur ordering the gaskets can you order me a set please and ill give.you the money.

hi pete hows things? yeah i'll bob it over when we next have a meet and yeah i'll order you a gasket/s when i get mine along with a pcv kit

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:43

do you want the inlet gasket aswel p?

t5 pete
Friday 21st October 2011, 14:50
Please James the inlet manifold and throttle body gasket

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 15:13
Please James the inlet manifold and throttle body gasket

ok no probs,am not sure when i'll be ordering them it may be a few days or weeks,depends when i get the TB issue sorted

james
Friday 21st October 2011, 15:18

ah i think i know what u mean now.change the side with the spring ;)

all sorted now cheers smithness :)

p fandango
Friday 21st October 2011, 15:50
ok no probs,am not sure when i'll be ordering them it may be a few days or weeks,depends when i get the TB issue sorted
just a note for when you order your parts, the normal 850 throttle body gasket is ok as it already has the larger opening

Niles
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 10:55
just thought....when I did mine I'm sure I swapped the 'ball arm' bit from the old body to the 960. From memory I'm sure they are slightly different lengths.