PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle

aeroresh
Sunday 14th August 2005, 18:21
Hi all,

For the last 3 years Ive strayed away from the fold with other makes but today I left a deposit on an '01 S60 T5 SE manual which Im mainly going to be using as my daily hack.... :B_steerin.

This will be my third T5 after a '94 854 manual (bought brand new when no one knew what they were!) and a saffron '98 C70 GT auto which I ran for 3 years.

I cant wait till Friday when I pick it up. Light met blue, heated black leather and 17" Tethys.

Ive always modded my T5s in the past and this one will be no different but I see things have moved on since my last C70 which had loads of mods including a TME ECU upgrade which was at that time the ECU upgrade to have.

Now I see RICA seem to be favourite on this board and in fact Adam and his crew actually upgraded another one of my previous cars, an Audi S6 4.2 Avant which at the time seemed to improve it no end but being naturally aspirated I soon got used to the mildly extra oomph...

Anyway, are the any other tuners that anyone could recommend to maximise my BHP with a remap and filter... I've read of a 318 BHP BSR upgrade.

Also what happened to T5uk.com?...used to be great

SaffronC70
Sunday 14th August 2005, 18:46
RICA/TME are the way to go.

TME from Kalmar Union, RICA from VT.

There's also the classic Superchip, Ubsolute, but I haven't experienced them.

Where abouts in the world are you ?

Chris

aeroresh
Sunday 14th August 2005, 19:04
Im in North Wales close to Chester

Mrsmopp
Sunday 14th August 2005, 20:05
Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you aboard you will probably be able to offer a fair bit to the forum from your experience!!

There are a few volvo "tuners" about so do a little research and get the new beasty booked in!!

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 14th August 2005, 20:12
Hi and welcome, your car sounds a carbon copy of my car too, check out my VB Garage at the top of the site, page 4 i think.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 15th August 2005, 00:40
Where in north Wales....?

aeroresh
Monday 15th August 2005, 16:51
Where in north Wales....?

Near to Mold. I see you live on Anglesey. I used to live in a small village called Llandegfan there when I was a young lad!...Dad was stationed at RAF Valley.

aeroresh
Friday 19th August 2005, 18:41
Picked it up this afternoon....What can I say?

It sets off down the road like...:jaw:

How I've missed T5 motoring! Its being booked in with Adam at VT next week to "enhance" the experience :B_steerin

310bhp, here I come!

Mrsmopp
Saturday 20th August 2005, 12:33
LOL!! You're happy with the new addition then!?

x

aeroresh
Saturday 20th August 2005, 21:06
Oooooooo Yes!

Forgotten how much mid range clout these things have! :B_steerin

First slight annoyance though...the centre armrest seems a bit flimsy and every time I lean on it it moves to one side and pops open. :slap: Is this a common problem?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 20th August 2005, 21:56
Oooooooo Yes!

Forgotten how much mid range clout these things have! :B_steerin

First slight annoyance though...the centre armrest seems a bit flimsy and every time I lean on it it moves to one side and pops open. :slap: Is this a common problem?Yes, annoying int it.