PDA

View Full Version : Mbc question

mhill53
Thursday 20th October 2011, 09:45
Right then, so I've fitted my forge mbc and adjusted my actuator bar in a couple of turns to take out any free movement in the actuator, the mbc has the standard spring in I've got it wound in about 12 clicks, this has transformed my R with the boost coming in earlier and fairly aggressively, however it only seems to boost 2 thirds into the White on the standard boost gauge and ready just over .5 bar (around 7psi) on an after marked gauge? The after Market gauge is coming of the same port the old recirc valve was piped up to? Could it be that the mbc needs the other spring in or needs to be adjusted more or is it possible that my actuator wont hold any more boost than standard?

cherry1809
Thursday 20th October 2011, 10:33
Actuator shouldn't matter too much as the MBC won't let it open until it reaches it's set point anyway. If you have an after market gauge already rigged up, I should try winding the Forge in another couple of clicks.

mhill53
Thursday 20th October 2011, 12:37
It is possible for the actuator spring to be stronger than the mbc spring though hense why they supply an uprated spring with the mbc?

LiamT4
Thursday 20th October 2011, 12:40
It is possible for the actuator spring to be stronger than the mbc spring though hense why they supply an uprated spring with the mbc?

I think forge do have different strength springs, seen people mention 7psi, 12.5psi springs, etc.

Think they are in different colours.

mhill53
Thursday 20th October 2011, 13:56
Think I may swap the springs over and start again with the mbc fully open

bigrotch
Thursday 20th October 2011, 14:15
put the stronger spring in mate, my mate merc85 got unos and he went for the weeker spring and wouldnt boost no more than 5psi changed to stronger spring and sorted it
18 psi think if its plumed up in wrong way it will boost to 5 max not matter how much u turn it in aswell

LiamT4
Thursday 20th October 2011, 15:30
Just be carefull, been a few people bending rods lately.

shrekblackR
Thursday 20th October 2011, 15:35
yeah as said put the stronger one in but be carefull buddy

mhill53
Thursday 20th October 2011, 16:07
I'm going to swap the spring after work, it's piped up as per forge instructions so I guess the spring is st fault,I've just fitted a set of Kalmar forged rods so hopefully I won't have any rod related issues

smithy
Thursday 20th October 2011, 22:24
I'm going to swap the spring after work, it's piped up as per forge instructions so I guess the spring is st fault,I've just fitted a set of Kalmar forged rods so hopefully I won't have any rod related issues

the are 40 clicks on a forge unos mate you are only a third tight wind the nob in a few more clicks mate ive had mine wound up to 30 clicks before when i slackened my actuator off on a -31 actuator and that was running 20 psi constant with no spicking ether

mhill53
Friday 21st October 2011, 11:53
I will give it a try, I will try a few more clicks before I change the spring over

mhill53
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 19:30
Just incase anyone has the same issue I can confirm that swapping fir the heavier duty spring has solved the problem. She's got some go in her now

T5frankie
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 19:36
the are 40 clicks on a forge unos mate you are only a third tight wind the nob in a few more clicks mate ive had mine wound up to 30 clicks before when i slackened my actuator off on a -31 actuator and that was running 20 psi constant with no spicking ether

NOt true mine goes up over a hundred clicks at 80 was at 22psi