PDA

View Full Version : emmisions and race cats

t5 pete
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 16:06
Well just took the t5 for its mot and it passed every thing but the emmision test.
It just got through it last year with the 100 cel race cat i have on, since that test the only 2 things that has changed is i have put blue injectors in and a different map so going to go back tomorrow with orange injectors in and try both maps to see if it makes any difference and if not it looks like ill put the old cat back on.
Has any one else had any problems with race cats.
Cheers

p fandango
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 16:11
BT passed with a Ferrita 100cel, but that was on stock map & injectors

t5 pete
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 16:16
i remember when fitting myne it was just straight through like a standard baffel and ive just been looking on ebay at new ones and some are straight through and some have meshing in so unsure what to think

p fandango
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 16:29
i remember when fitting myne it was just straight through like a standard baffel and ive just been looking on ebay at new ones and some are straight through and some have meshing in so unsure what to think
i'm sure the Ferrita one was like a mesh across the pipe

deathrider311271
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 19:13
i have upgraded my injectors to white ones and have 100cel race cat mine flew thro the mot, but remember my car is a 2.5T even so the emmissions were way lowwer than last years

AndysR
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 20:19
Some 100 cel cats do struggle with the emissions, best to get the cat really hot to get the best results. I doubt it will be as a result of fitting the blues unless your map isn't set up to run them.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 20:19
i have a 304 remap and a straight through pipe no cat at all and mines just passed!

t5 pete
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 22:47
Yeah I'm gunna give it a go putting the oranges back in and the map which i used when it passed last time and if it still doesn't pass ill get the original cat back on

Al115
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 23:10
i have a 304 remap and a straight through pipe no cat at all and mines just passed!

How???

p fandango
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 02:30
How???
BT passed an MOT in the past with a decat (stock map again), & so did my bro's VR4

t5_monkey
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 09:57
my sports cat has been OK on MOT.

t5 pete
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 17:02
What cell cat is its monkey from what I've been reading 0bd2 cars should be run on 200 cell csts

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 17:27
How???

i dunno mate all i know is i took it for an mot and it sailed through!! i even asked about the emissions and was told no probs at all,i wasnt about to question it!!

Alan M
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 20:18
If you buy a good quality 100cpsi catalyst you will be fine at MOT time. My car passed whilst severely over fuelling at MOT time and I was running a true 3" metallic 100cpsi cat. My car passed the MOT a couple of years earlier with a 100cpsi ceramic cat also. Andy is right though both my different setups required the cat to be very hot for emmisions to be within the guideline test.

Al115
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 21:38
i dunno mate all i know is i took it for an mot and it sailed through!! i even asked about the emissions and was told no probs at all,i wasnt about to question it!!

That's great... I was under the impression that if your car originally had a cat fitted, it was a requirement to still have it fitted come MOT time, regardless of whether or not it met the emissions requirements without it. But I'm not an MOT tester so I am probably wrong!

Glad it passed in any case. :)

LiamT4
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 21:42
That's great... I was under the impression that if your car originally had a cat fitted, it was a requirement to still have it fitted come MOT time, regardless of whether or not it met the emissions requirements without it. But I'm not an MOT tester so I am probably wrong!

Glad it passed in any case. :)

From what i'v heard, thats coming in next year

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 22:21
From what i'v heard, thats coming in next year

i really hope not :(