PDA

View Full Version : Another T5 Autograss Car

Minordelay
Sunday 16th October 2011, 15:27
Hi Chaps

I'm in the early stages of a class 6 FWD autograss car. It will use a Peugeot 106 shell and full tube frame with an all up weight of around 5-600KG.

Power will be provided by the motor from a 99 C70. Will be junking the ETM and using earlier manifold if it fits. Also will use standalone management to get round any other issues. Aiming for a reliable 250BHP with more if I can handle it. It will be my first car, I've had a drive in a Hayabusa Class 8 which was insane and an R32 Golf engined Class 6 Nova equally mad!!!!

Would welcome any advice on what to look out for and potential problems

Cheers for now

Nige

Dave86
Sunday 16th October 2011, 15:34
Sounds good mate Im in need of a full drivers window assembly if the one you have works ok where about are you ?

Minordelay
Sunday 16th October 2011, 16:56
I've just read the rules and realised I shouldn't have mentioned the breaking car yet. I can't seem to edit the post though (found it!!!).

Regulators gone sorry.

Nige

Paul Hassell
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 11:41
Hi Nige

I am running a T5 in the back of my class 10, if I can be of any help with anything feel free to get in touch.

I am running Emerald management which seems to handle everything perfectly well and fairly easy to fit and wire up.

Whereabouts in the country are you ?

Paul

Minordelay
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 22:31
Hi Paul

Thanks for the offer I've read your threads with interest and watched the Vids too. I'm sure I'll be needing some advice as I've a lot to do yet.

I'm based in Wolverhampton and have a choice of clubs to join STAR is nearest.

I managed to get the engine on the floor today, looking forward to shoehorning it into the 106 soon. Just need to shift a few more parts off the doner to make some space. I hate weighing in stuff that might be useful to others.

Nige

Nigel

Paul Hassell
Thursday 20th October 2011, 09:59
Hi Paul

Thanks for the offer I've read your threads with interest and watched the Vids too. I'm sure I'll be needing some advice as I've a lot to do yet.

I'm based in Wolverhampton and have a choice of clubs to join STAR is nearest.

I managed to get the engine on the floor today, looking forward to shoehorning it into the 106 soon. Just need to shift a few more parts off the doner to make some space. I hate weighing in stuff that might be useful to others.

Nige

Nigel

Star is a good club mate, you wont go wrong with them.

And if I can help anytime give me a call on 07906 118065.

Volvostorm
Thursday 20th October 2011, 19:40
I used to race my Class 1 Mini at STAR, that was a long time ago.

Jamest5r
Thursday 20th October 2011, 20:22
Hi mate, just come across this thread, look's interesting lol, what bit's you after? just that i have the Mrs old 855 t5 that is going the the scrappers next week so if you need any bit's dirt cheap let me know im only down the road from you (junc 6/M6) and if you need any help let me know.

Minordelay
Friday 21st October 2011, 17:51
Hi mate, just come across this thread, look's interesting lol, what bit's you after? just that i have the Mrs old 855 t5 that is going the the scrappers next week so if you need any bit's dirt cheap let me know im only down the road from you (junc 6/M6) and if you need any help let me know.

I've got a complete C70 which I'm breaking too so I have most bits. I do need a earlier type inlet manifold throttle housing @ linkage etc. Let me know

Cheers Nigel

Jamest5r
Friday 21st October 2011, 21:04
I've got a complete C70 which I'm breaking too so I have most bits. I do need a earlier type inlet manifold throttle housing @ linkage etc. Let me know

Cheers Nigel

No problem got all that and the inlet gasket is just about brand new only been on there for 100 miles, £20 for the lot, i will pm you my number if you want to pop over.

Cheers

Paul Hassell
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 08:47
My mate has a 106 with a T5 in racing down our way, if you need any build info he could probably help out as well, he should be racing at St Neots tomorrow if you fancy a trip out

Minordelay
Monday 24th October 2011, 09:47
Hi Paul

Cheers for that. Would have loved to have gone, getting time off is proving difficult with the family at the moment though. Probably won't do loads of racing maybe 6 or so meetings a year. Will be building the car as a college project I teach Auto and have BTEC Motorsport students. I'm lucky to have some good equipment available to me including body & paint, rolling road corner weight scales tube bender. Amazing that the learners take it all for granted though!!!

Is the 106 spaceframed? would like a look at the bulkhead. I'm hoping to run rad/intercooler up front. Supercharger would avoid any bulkhead issue.

Nigel