PDA

View Full Version : Flocked interiors?

manback
Saturday 15th October 2011, 19:03
Just wondered if anyone had bothered getting any parts of their interior flocked. I'm abit pissed off with my beige interior so was wondering about stripping it back banging some bucket seats in and having a flocked dash!

volvokid
Saturday 15th October 2011, 19:18
Flocked??? Is that like alcantara?

AndysR
Saturday 15th October 2011, 22:31
Flocked??? Is that like alcantara?

Sort of but not at the same time. It looks like alcantara/suede from a distance...

It's a proceedure which involves appling an adhesive to the surface of a given object and then you fire fibres of material at the adhesive surface but because you use electricity to charge the material fibres when it lands on the adhesive surface it stands on end creating a velvety type surface texture and appearance. It's quite common in the aftermarket Ford world and I've seen it done with good effects. I considered it when doing the dash whilst I was having the retrim done in my Orion but wasn't sold on the longevity of the process and opted for alcantara trim on the dash instead.

http://www.flockit.co.uk/gallery.html

M-R-P
Saturday 15th October 2011, 22:53
My speedo was "flocked" a while ago, cost me £735 quid to get it fixed lol!:)

t5_monkey
Saturday 15th October 2011, 23:34
I better make like a Sheppard.... get the Flock outta here :)

M-R-P
Saturday 15th October 2011, 23:36
I better make like a Sheppard.... get the Flock outta here :)

Oh Monkey, I expected better from one as monkeybrained as you lol ;)

antz
Sunday 16th October 2011, 16:08
Yukspeed does flocking over near York. Its ideal for rally cars as it stops glare from the dash but once it gets dusty then its a pain. Still looks nice and fuzzy though.