PDA

View Full Version : s60 d5/v70 d5

donny
Friday 14th October 2011, 16:07
hi guys,insurance is coming up for my old girl and its awful this year with having points.plus with just having a little boy last month money needs to be spent wisely.so i think im moving over to a d5 volvo:(.does anybody know what to look out for on the d5 v70/s60 models?engine problems,electrical etc.im spending £3000ish if that helps.also my 850r is going on sale soon if anyone interested before it goes on ebay,tried to save selling it but aint happening:(.thanks.

dave854
Wednesday 19th October 2011, 13:12
check front suspension, mainly drop links and wishbones.

Most expensive item to check is whether the car has ever had a clutch / flywheel as this will set you back lost of £ to do (just done mine under warranty but would have been £1000+. The dash clocks are a common problem on pre 2004 models and injectors on the very early D5s.

Obviously each car will have its own little niggles but these are the big ones to look out for. Mileage is not usually a problem on these so long as it has been well looked after.

For info, if the car you get doesn't already have it you can buy an ISO-Fix kit for the rear seats from Volvo, about £18 a side I think.